Title: Admissions Coordinator
Location: United States
R1 RCM Inc. is a leading provider of technology-enabled revenue cycle management services which transform and solve challenges across health systems, hospitals and physician practices. Headquartered in Chicago, R1® is a publicly-traded organization with employees throughout the US and international locations.
Our mission is to be the one trusted partner to manage revenue, so providers and patients can focus on what matters most. Our priority is to always do what is best for our clients, patients and each other. With our proven and scalable operating model, we complement a healthcare organization’s infrastructure, quickly driving sustainable improvements to net patient revenue and cash flows while reducing operating costs and enhancing the patient experience.
The Admissions Coordinator coordinates and plans the daily operation for all pre-admission activities to the hospital according to established policies and procedures. This person will Coordinates admission with other departments by collecting and distributing the appropriate information. Identifies information needed from the referring hospital to finalize the admission.
In this role, the successful candidate will assist the Sales and Marketing team to gather the appropriate documentation for admissions and works closely with Hospital Staff to ensure efficient admissions process and transition. Consistently provides exemplary customer service to all patients, patient family members and Hospital staff.
- Coordinates and facilitates the admission of patients.
- Collects and distributes admission information to all clinical services and business offices
- Assigns physicians to patients according to the Unassigned Physician Policy as needed.
- Provides hospital team with needed information on pending/new admissions.
- Develops appropriate analysis, using established reporting mechanisms, and provides data and statistics as required.
- Works with department managers in the establishment of services and programs aligned with institutional objectives and the ongoing evaluations of program effectiveness.
- Provides input into the development of institution policies, objectives, and strategies, as appropriate.
- Maintains a close working relationship with Medical Staff, interdisciplinary health team, and with external professional groups and agencies
- Explains the pre-admission and admission policy to families and referral sources as necessary.
- Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with the standards set out in the Company’s Code of Business Conduct, its policies and procedures, the Corporate Compliance Agreement, applicable federal and state laws, and applicable professional standards.
- Prepares morning census status reports for review by Area Director Sales/Marketing and distributes report to inter-hospital departments.
- Enters demographic information into Meditech for admission.
- Assists in the referral process by distributing pertinent documents to various departments for review if indicated; follows up on financial verification and approval status; assists in call hospitals for admission dates and SNF dates; prepares copies for departments, and other corresponding tasks.
- Accesses Medicare Common Working file and calculates Medicare days.
- Assists in answering phone inquiries by taking messages, taking demographic information on potential referrals, and forwarding messages by email or call the Area Director Sales/Marketing.
- Performs other duties as requested and required.
- Education-High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience in admitting procedures in a healthcare setting preferred.
- Epic experience at minimum 1 year preferred.
- Ability to collect, organize, evaluate and communicate pertinent clinical information with effective verbal and written skills.
- Strong customer service skills and commitment to service excellence.
- Computer skills that includes Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Our associates are given valuable opportunities to contribute, to innovate and create meaningful work that makes an impact in the communities we serve around the world. We also offer a culture of excellence that drives customer success and improves patient care. We believe in giving back to the community and offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision & RX Coverage
- Paid Time Off, Volunteer Time & Holidays
- 401K with Company Match
- Company-Paid Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability & Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave