Billing Rep II
locations: Remote, USA
time type: Full time
job requisition id: R220000006973
Intermedix, an R1 company is an international health care solutions company that enables more than 15, health care providers to deliver best-in class revenue cycle and practice management services, as well as excellence in patient care. In May 218, Intermedix was acquired by the publicly-held company R1 RCM Inc. (NASDAQ: RCM). This strategic transaction combined R1 RCM’s leading expertise in technology-enabled hospital RCM services with Intermedix’s 3+ years of expertise in professional fee RCM. We are currently seeking a
ACCOUNT RESOLUTION SPECIALIST
The Account Resolution Specialist is engaged in the tracking of claims through the billing process, to identify problem areas, and to determine a course of action to resolve aging claims. Follows all policies and procedures as outlined by the company and/or governmental regulations and according to HIPAA regulations.
Position reports to: Senior Manager, Account Resolution
- Responsible for working correspondence on a daily basis – to accurately update accounts with the provided information.
- Responsible for identifying trends which impact revenue and determine best course of action to resolve outstanding accounts.
- Interact with third parties representative and utilize online sites to review status and update accounts as needed to expedite the claims process.
- Interact with manager and team members regarding A/R research results.
- Responsible for the follow up on A/R research projects; review status of accounts, action taken, and further course of action if warranted.
- Provide updates to manager with findings from A/R research and status of A/R projects.
- Perform other duties as directed by manager.
- Working with third party collections agencies.
- Filing Probate claims to the Probate courts.
- Responsible for processing attorney correspondence and requests – timely and accurately.
- Compliance with Intermedix policies
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Ability to safely and successfully perform essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards
Skills/ Knowledge Requirements:
- Knowledge of insurance carrier payment policies, practices, and amounts.
- Medical Billing, Insurance Billing, AR experience preferred.
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of insurance carrier policies and practices.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Able to manage multiple concurrent tasks
- Flexible to handle unexpected daily challenges
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to type a minimum of 4 words per minute
- Basic computer operating skills
- Able to use a 1 key by touch.
Working in an evolving healthcare setting, we use our shared expertise to deliver innovative solutions. Our fast-growing team has opportunities to learn and grow through rewarding interactions, collaboration and the freedom to explore professional interests.
Our associates are given valuable opportunities to contribute, to innovate and create meaningful work that makes an impact in the communities we serve around the world. We also offer a culture of excellence that drives customer success and improves patient care.
We believe in giving back to the community and offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision & RX Coverage
- Paid Time Off, Volunteer Time & Holidays
- 401K with Company Match
- Company-Paid Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability & Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave