Work from Home: Sr.Inbound Chat Service Associate
Location: Remote, US
Category: Customer Service
Requisition ID: 10182
Digital Service Associate
NOTE: This is a virtual position in the United States where you will work from your personal residence in a distraction free space. Due to the needs of the business at this time, we are only hiring in the following time zones: MST and PST
The Wayfair Opportunity:
At Wayfair, we believe a phenomenal customer experience combined with a supportive employee structure has resulted in our award-winning Customer Service Team.
This isn’t just about taking another contact— this is about empowering our customers to create spaces reflecting who they are, what they need, and what they value. You’ll play a crucial role by providing a best in class experience when it’s most needed to our UK & IE based customers. Wayfair will give you the training, tools, and decision-making ability to help our customers find solutions that work best for them.
You will empathetically help customers navigate a variety of post-order issues such as: shipping questions, damages, returns, replacements, assembly services and order notifications.
No scripts. No canned responses. These are true human to human interactions where you can make a meaningful impact. Wayfair will invest in you with continuous development, career opportunities, and will surround you with a team of great people.
What Does a Senior Digital Service Associate Do?
- Navigates Technology Effectively: You should have the ability to proficiently navigate hardware and software which is imperative to success in this role. You will rely on technology daily in order to do your work and you should feel comfortable with continuous learning.
- Mastery of the Written English Language: Written communication will be your primary tool. You should have an unparalleled understanding of the English language and ability to convey empathy in all written formats. You will be expected to use your analytical skills to read, probe, and fully understand the needs of our customers to assess the best resolution to each unique problem.
- Ability to Handle Multiple and Concurrent Contacts: This is a fast paced and highly structured environment. Attention to detail will be crucial since you will not be speaking to customers by phone, only through written communications via our digital platforms (i.e.-chat, email, and SMS).
- Read Analytically and Show Empathy: You will work to understand relevant customer information and find the best way to solve their problem quickly and thoroughly through written communication. You will reference policies and procedures to respond in a respectful and courteous manner when addressing customer inquiries, requests or escalations.
- Demonstrates Reliability: Attendance and commitment to being present for your full shift each day is crucial. This helps ensure we’re ready and available to help our customers when they need us most. For unexpected events or issues, we require our associates to be proactive in their communication and planning whenever possible.
- Meets Our High Performance Bar: You’ll work to exceed customer satisfaction, excel in meeting customer service efficiency metrics, and other responsibilities as assigned. Our associates set and hold a high bar for themselves and own their own development plan by setting tangible goals, driving regular development conversations with their manager, and taking the initiative to get appropriate feedback and support.
- Engages Customers: You’ll need a passion for people to create an exceptional experience by delivering effective support aligned with Wayfair’s values, principles and standards. You’ll represent Wayfair and build trusting relationships with customers who contact us through our digital platforms. Topics can range from returns, replacements, delivery, product availability, order status, and more.
- De-Escalate Customer Concerns: Most customers contact us because they’ve had an order issue and need your help. You will use your conflict management skills to balance the needs of the customer with the options from the business, while always maintaining professional composure in your communications.
- Problem Solves: Solutions aren’t a one-size-fits-all approach and associates do not use pre-populated scripts. You will be given a level of autonomy to help customers find the right solution. You’ll need to think analytically to solve customer problems in a first contact resolution approach.
- Multitasks: You’ll need to juggle navigating multiple browsers, tabs, tools, screens, and concurrent chats in order to quickly and effectively answer questions. The ideal digital service associate will be highly familiar with computers and can effectively navigate technology on a daily basis.
- Escalates Systemic Issues: You’ll continuously look for areas of improvement and communicate trends in customer contacts to leadership as appropriate.
What are the Pay & Benefits?:
- Hourly Pay Rate: $17.85 ( cost of living adjustments could apply)
- Tenure based pay increases starting as early as 6 months
- Quarterly Performance Bonuses (up to $2,200)
- Referral Bonus ($500 per eligible referral)
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurances (coverage starts on Day 1!)
- 401(k) with company match up to 4%
- Paid Time Off (start accruing time immediately)
- 7 Paid Federal Holidays and 1 Floating Holiday
- Paid / Unpaid Parental Leave options
- Eligible Tuition Reimbursement (up to $5,250)
- Wayfair Employee Discount
What are the Requirements?
- Demonstrated proficiency in written English language.
- 1+ years in a call center environment or similar. (digital or chat experience preferred)
- Comfort in working with our customers internationally.
- Ability to work shifts and training between the hours of 3pm-12am PST
- You will required to type 45 or more words per minute (wpm) (assessed)
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- You must hold a High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- You will be required to hardwire your computer to a modem with minimum internet speeds of 25Mbps (download) and 5Mbps (upload). Wireless (WiFi) access is not permitted for use. All other necessary computer equipment and accessories are provided by Wayfair.
- Comfortable working with a variety of systems and platforms simultaneously. (Windows Operating Systems or equivalent.)
- A private and dedicated workspace free of any distractions (roommates, children, spouses, pets, etc.)
- Wayfair wants to ensure your success. This is why our training is 100% mandatory. We are unable to accommodate any misses, time off, or tardiness during this period.
Why Wayfair Customer Service?
At Wayfair, we care about our customers. Whether it’s over the phone or through chat or email, this fast-paced environment allows us to provide solutions and ensure a seamless delivery experience wherever our customers feel most comfortable. We empower our award-winning Customer Service team to balance technology and human empathy to build customer trust and loyalty. We’ll provide the training, tools, and equipment—all you need is a love for problem solving and a dedication to a phenomenal customer experience.
About Wayfair LLC:
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations and we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Why the name Wayfair? The truth is, it was just two words that sounded good together. But over time, our guests built this brand alongside us and gave our pinwheel logo more purpose and meaning than we ever could have dreamed and that’s the best definition we could ask for.
Wayfair now offers over 22 million products across five distinct brands – Wayfair.com, AllModern, Birch Lane, Joss & Main and Perigold. The company employed more than 16,200 people as of March 31, 2021 and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe.
Wayfair is driven by a world-class team with the future always in mind. We are constantly striving to help everyone, anywhere, and work to help people create and decorate spaces that feel like “home”. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.