Title: Total Loss – Claim Representative
Location: United States
- United States – Remote
- Full time
You are a driven and motivated problem solver ready to pursue meaningful work. You strive to make an impact every day & not only at work, but in your personal life and community too. If that sounds like you, then you’ve landed in the right place.
At The Hartford, we respect our employees for their unique perspectives, ideas, and solutions. We empower individuals and teams to invent faster, smarter ways of meeting customers’ needs while improving our performance.
Goals are important, but so is the way we reach them. Character and customer value are just as vital to our reputation as financial performance leading to behaviors that put the customer at the center of everything we do. In recognition of successful completion of training you will be eligible for a proficiency increase at or around 6 months from your date of hire.
Location: Full Time Remote
Training Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm
Regular Hours: Monday – Friday Core Business Hours, no weekends
As a Total Loss Auto Claim Representative you will:
- Plan, recommend, reserve and execute the investigation, control, valuation and final disposition of small to medium dollar total loss (majority) with the occasional high end or specialty vehicle total loss
- Properly assess the indemnity and expense exposure, along with settling total loss claims in line with state jurisdictions
- Support other team members to enhance overall team productivity
- Handle other duties as assigned by your manager
- 2+ years of auto claim handling experience required
- Proven negotiation \ dispute resolution skills
- Ability to efficiently manage the auto rental process
- Proven track record of providing excellent customer service
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, and/or 1+ years of equivalent experience
As a condition of your employment, you must obtain and maintain a State Adjuster’s License to process Property & Casualty Insurance Claims in the states supported by your office. Continued employment with The Hartford is contingent upon the successfully passing the Licensing exam(s) within 30 business days from the completion of the licensing training.
Internet Connectivity Requirement/Remote Positions: For 100% remote positions, we require that (1) you have high speed broadband cable internet service with minimum upload/download speeds of 3Mbps/30Mbps and (2) your Internet provider supplied device is to be hardwired to the Hartford issued router and/or computer.
The listed annualized base pay range is primarily based on analysis of similar positions in the external market. Actual base pay could vary and may be above or below the listed range based on factors including but not limited to performance, proficiency and demonstration of competencies required for the role. The base pay is just one component of The Hartford’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include short-term or annual bonuses, long-term incentives, and on-the-spot recognition. The annualized base pay range for this role is:
$48,480 – $72,720