Cargo Claims Adjuster
locations: United States – Remote
time type: Full time
job requisition id: R228866
You are a driven and motivated problem solver ready to pursue meaningful work. You strive to make an impact every day & not only at work, but in your personal life and community too. If that sounds like you, then you’ve landed in the right place.
The Hartford is currently seeking a Cargo Claims Adjuster to join our claims group. The Adjuster will be responsible for the analysis, investigation, evaluation, negotiation, and resolution of minimal to moderately complex claims requiring thorough investigations including telephone contacts with the involved parties, technical expertise, and complex analysis. Claim assignments involve Cargo types of products.
The adjuster should be able to adjust Cargo claims pertaining to All-risk coverage for manufacturing, importing, exporting clients and freight forwarders with coverage enhancement that include domestic and international inland transit, warehouse storage and exhibition coverage.
This position is responsible for interpreting insurance contract and to determine policy coverage as applicable to the specific loss. Investigates claims to determine coverage liability and damages.
- 5 plus years of Cargo claims handling experience required.
- Familiarity with Standard Cargo forms.
- Working knowledge of multi-state claim handling regulatory requirements.
- Evaluate claims for purposes of setting reserves and making appropriate payment. Document all claim activity within our Image right system.
- Settle a claim according to policy terms.
- Manage third party vendors.
- Ability to function independently as well as in an environment of teamwork and collaboration.
- Must be able to work with the Cargo Underwriting team.
- Provide strong customer service skills.
- Makes decisions in a timely manner.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Meet all quality standards and expectations per best practices.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word.
For full-time, occasional, part-time or remote positions: (1) high speed broadband internet service is required, we do not recommend or support DSL, wireless, Mifi, Hotspots, Fiber without a modem and Satellite; (2) Internet provider supplied modem/router/gateway is hardwired to the Hartford issued computer with an ethernet cable; and (3) minimum upload/download speeds of 5Mbps/30Mbps will be required. To confirm whether your Internet system has sufficient speeds, please visit http://www.speedtest.net from your personal computer.
The listed annualized base pay range is primarily based on analysis of similar positions in the external market. Actual base pay could vary and may be above or below the listed range based on factors including but not limited to performance, proficiency and demonstration of competencies required for the role. The base pay is just one component of The Hartford’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include short-term or annual bonuses, long-term incentives, and on-the-spot recognition. The annualized base pay range for this role is:
$78,160 – $117,240
Our company’s success is due to our employees’ dedication and passion for their work. They are our greatest asset. That’s why we are committed to offering employees and their families a comprehensive benefits package and award-winning well-being programs.