Claims Representative – Commercial Auto Bodily Injury – Remote
United States – Remote
job requisition id
Claims Representative – CH09CN
You are a driven and motivated problem solver ready to pursue meaningful work. You strive to make an impact every day & not only at work, but in your personal life and community too. If that sounds like you, then you’ve landed in the right place.
At The Hartford, we respect our employees for their unique perspectives, ideas and solutions. We empower individuals and teams to invent faster, smarter ways of meeting customers’ needs while improving our performance.
Goals are important, but so is the way we reach them. Character and customer value are just as vital to our reputation as financial performance leading to behaviors that put the customer at the center of everything we do.
*This position is 100% remote work*
- Handle a high volume of claims, with a focus on financial accuracy, appropriate file disposition, and an adherence to statutory guidelines.
- Investigating ABI claims to determine liability exposures and subrogation.
- Handling of injury exposures with attorneys as well as unrepresented parties.
- Provide exceptional customer service by establishing and maintaining effective relationships with customers through adherence to The Hartford’s standards of communication.
- Ability to make decisions with the customer at the center of everything we do.
- Utilize critical thinking skills to gather and analyze information and data to make sound decisions.
- Continually evaluate self against performance targets and strive to exceed expectations.
- Contribute to a courageous culture that promotes collaboration and inclusion to maximize operational performance and employee engagement. Embrace a culture of continuous improvement.
- Leverage contemporary technology to achieve accurate and efficient claim outcomes.
- College degree preferred, and/or 1+ years of related customer service experience or applicable insurance knowledge.
- Experience adjusting auto claims for a minimum of 1+ years required.
- Commercial Auto background preferred, but not required.
- Contributing to a culture of excellence.
- Ability to contribute and promote an inclusive culture of continuous learning that is built on teamwork, collaboration, transparency, and accountability to one another.
- Passionate desire to help both internal and external customers.
- Ability to embrace change and flourish with industry-changing technology and trends.
- Critical thinking skills inclusive of investigation, decision making and conflict resolution.
- Customer Service experience.
- Ability to create and maintain loyal customers by creating a service experience that differentiates us within the industry.
- Ability to listen attentively to our customer’s needs and exhibit empathy during difficult situations.
- Ability to produce clear and grammatically accurate correspondence.
- Ability to handle competing priorities while positively impacting the quality and service we are committed to delivering.
Training: for up to 12 weeks of training provided
Training hours: 8:00 AM 5:00 PM CST
After training your hours will be: 8:00 AM 5:00 PM CST
*This will be a 100% remote position*
- Background checks required to obtain and maintain state adjuster’s license (as required by state)
- As a condition of employment, you will be required to successfully complete a multi-week New Hire Training Course and, upon completion, obtain a passing score on the final course assessment. Continued employment with The Hartford is contingent upon you successfully passing the exam(s) within 30 business days from the completion of the New Hire Training. You should have no schedule conflicts during training.
- As a condition of your employment, you must obtain and maintain a State Adjuster’s License to process Property & Casualty Insurance Claims in the states supported by your office. Continued employment with The Hartford is contingent upon the successful passage of the Licensing exam(s) within 30 business days from the completion of the licensing training.
- For full-time, occasional, part-time, or remote positions: (1) high speed broadband internet service is required, we do not recommend or support DSL, wireless, Wi-Fi, Hotspots, Fiber without a modem and Satellite; (2) Internet provider supplied modem/router/gateway is hardwired to the Hartford issued computer with an ethernet cable; and (3) minimum upload/download speeds of 5Mbps/30Mbps will be required. To confirm whether your Internet system has sufficient speeds, please visit http://www.speedtest.net from your personal computer.
The listed annualized base pay range is primarily based on analysis of similar positions in the external market. Actual base pay could vary and may be above or below the listed range based on factors including but not limited to performance, proficiency and demonstration of competencies required for the role. The base pay is just one component of The Hartford’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include short-term or annual bonuses, long-term incentives, and on-the-spot recognition. The annualized base pay range for this role is:
$51,280 – $76,920
Our company’s success is due to our employees’ dedication and passion for their work. They are our greatest asset. That’s why we are committed to offering employees and their families a comprehensive benefits package and award-winning well-being programs. By helping our employees achieve their full potential, we unlock our own. Visit https://www.thehartford.com/careers/benefits for details.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age