Client Relationship Manager, Health Solutions
Los Angeles, CA
job requisition id
Together we strive for everyone’s opportunity towards a better financial future.
Together we stand up for and champion everyone’s access to opportunity. We strive for better together. We advocate for everyone and not against anyone. Voya believes in being bold and committed to action. We are committed to a work environment where the differences that we are born with and those we acquire throughout our lives are understood, valued and intentionally pursued. We believe that our employees own our culture and have a responsibility to foster an environment where we all feel comfortable bringing our whole selves to work. Purposefully bringing our differences together to positively influence our culture, serve our clients and enrich our communities is essential to our vision to be America’s Retirement Company.
Are you ready to join a great company with a winning culture? Start your Voyage Apply Now
Client Relationship Manager Health Solutions
Please Note: Work location for this role is FLEXIBLE! This position allows 100% remote work from home or allows work to be performed in any of our major office locations with a hybrid schedule. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to the base salary, Voya offers incentive opportunities based on each role to reward achievement of annual performance objectives. A list of additional benefits can be found on our job posting and also on our Voya career page. All benefits are subject to eligibility requirements.
The Client relationship manager is accountable for proactive customer management, education, development, profitable growth and retention of assigned Regional Tier 2 and Tier 3 business.
- High impact leader who understands the culture and goals of clients and makes suggestions to enhance their benefit offering in alignment with HR team.
- Strong market focus with face-to-face interactions with clients and brokers beyond standard annual meetings driving relationships in a proactive manner
- Manages high profile client and broker relationships with professional presence and awareness
- Responsible for leading client and partner meetings and creating consultative content for the audience in a strategic and clear manner
- Collaborates and drives renewal conversations both internally and externally
- Effectively delegates action items and expectations with team members to utilize service model capabilities
- Through proactive interactions with clients, evaluates and executes on opportunities in block of business to increase participation, and add lines of coverage and identifies areas of opportunity for client education, and creates a robust plan to deliver training
- Collaboration with sales team through partnered strategies
- Crafting and delivering marketing and enrollment strategies to clients based on client interactions and knowledge of Voya’s capabilities that align with appropriate solutions, challenging current communication practices with clients
- Develops and executes comprehensive book of business strategy consistent with organizational initiatives, profitability & persistency targets, segment requirements, Voya’s value proposition and individual customer’s needs
- Connects actively and consistently in person with brokers and market partners to gain market knowledge and learn current trends to implement into business strategies as well as communicate information with team members.
- Utilizes and seeks market trend information, competitor data, understands technology partners and platforms, and the needs of the client to produce creative and effective content to share with the clients and brokers enhancing the Voya story
Knowledge & Experience:
- 4-year college degree or equivalency
- 10 or more year’s employee benefits /insurance industry experience preferred
- Knowledge of WEX platforms strongly preferred
- Knowledge of COBRA regulations and administration strongly preferred
- Strong consultative skills; able to think broadly when problem solving and making decisions
- Segment/specialty knowledge (Health Savings Accounts, Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Reimbursement Accounts, Commuter plans)
- Superior relationship building/management, interpersonal and partnership skills; able to influence a range of constituents
Be Well. Stay Well.
Voya provides the resources that can make a difference in your lives. To us, this means thriving physically, financially, socially and emotionally. Voya benefits are designed to help you do just that. That’s why we offer an array of plans, programs, tools and resources with one goal in mind: To help you and your family be well and stay well.
What We Offer
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance plans
- 401(k) Savings plan with generous company matching contributions (up to 6%)
- Voya Retirement Plan employer paid cash balance retirement plan (4%)
- Tuition reimbursement up to $5,250/year
- Paid time off including 20 days paid time off, nine paid company holidays and a flexible Diversity Celebration Day.
- Paid volunteer time 40 hours per calendar year
Learn more about Voya benefits (download PDF)
At Voya, we have identified the following critical skills which are key to success in our culture:
- Customer Focused: Passionate drive to delight our customers and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations.
- Critical Thinking: Thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving data to reach a well-reasoned solution.
- Team Mentality: Partnering effectively to drive our culture and execute on our common goals.
- Business Acumen: Appreciation and understanding of the financial services industry in order to make sound business decisions.
- Learning Agility: Openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.
Learn more about Critical Skills
Equal Employment Opportunity
Voya Financial is an equal-opportunity employer. Voya Financial provides equal opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, disability, veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other status protected by state or local law.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse workforce. This commitment governs all decisions related to employment, including selection, development and compensation. It also includes an employee’s request for reasonable accommodation. All employees will be treated in a manner free from discrimination or harassment. Voya is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please see our resources for applicants with disabilities.