Collections Representative – Remote
Location: Dallas TX US
Job Category: Customer Service and Claims
Job Type: Full-time
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
It takes a special person to be effective in stressful situations. In fact, it takes a gifted, diplomatic and persistent person who can see past the challenge to a successful outcome. If that’s you, get with us because this role at UnitedHealth Group is all about special. You’ll consult directly with our customers who have outstanding medical bills to identify reasons for late payments and set up payment plans that are mutually agreeable. It’s an important role and it will take all of your skills. Join us and discover the exceptional training, support and opportunities to grow that you’d expect from a Fortune 5 company.
This position is full-time (40 hours / week). Employees are required to work our normal business hours of 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM including the flexibility to work occasional overtime (with manager approval) based on business need. Training will be conducted virtually from your home.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Perform research on various computer systems and document customer information regarding current status, payment expectations, notes of conversations and other relevant information
- Use mail, email and phones to contact customers to discuss, negotiate payment and resolve outstanding medical bill accounts and balances
- Obtain agreement on potential balance payoff and / or payment terms within stated level of authority and guideline limits
- Prepare and submits reports to internal management on status of outstanding medical bills and proposed / planned payment settlement details
This is a challenging role that requires providing best in class service to our customers during their times of difficulty. It’s a fast – paced environment that requires focus and ability to multi-task throughout the day. This is a 40 – hour, full time role working flexible shifts, sometimes including evenings or Saturdays. We require our employees to be flexible enough to work any shift, any day of the week during those hours.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of recent medical / healthcare insurance collections experience
- 2+ years of recent experience with working in an outbound call center within the healthcare insurance industry
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including Microsoft Word (create, edit, share, save), Microsoft Excel (create, edit, share, save), and Microsoft Outlook (create, edit, share, save)
- Proven experience in communicating with insurance companies daily (outbound calls) regarding claim(s) status
- Ability to make outbound calls in a fast – paced work environment
- Knowledge of medical terminology including (but not limited to) ICD – 10 and CPT codes
- Ability to work any 8-hour shift between the hours of 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM including the flexibility to work occasional overtime (with manager approval) based on business need
- 2+ years of experience with working in healthcare insurance
- 1+ years of experience with working in a professional office setting
- Working knowledge of ICD – 10 and CPT / HCPCS
- Familiarity with UBO4 claims forms
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $16.00 – $26.88. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $16.83 – $29.66. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives