Location: Ohio; Utah; Arizona – Remote Part-Time
Great News! You are eligible for a cash bonus!
- Sign-on Bonus: up to $2K*
- And We offer 100% remote, combo, or on site- it’s your choice! You do need to live in Ohio, Utah, or Arizona.
- And After you join the team, Discover will provide eligible employees with a one-time allowance of $500 to cover the costs of setting up a home office and a monthly internet reimbursement of $60.
*Bonus is paid in the following increments within 30 days of the following milestones:
- $500 following 60 days employed
- $500 following 120 days employed
- $1000 following 365 days employed
To receive the bonus, you must be employed with Discover at the time of payment. Stated bonus payouts are before taxes and deductions as applicable to you.
We know you’re going to love it here! Discover has an outstanding culture and the employee experience is fantastic! Check out all the reasons to apply:
We have lots of options with start dates and schedules.
Our next class starts in September 2022
We are currently hiring for the below schedules:
- 8:00 AM – 3:30 PM
- 12:30 PM – 8:00 PM
- 2:30 PM – 10:00 PM
Utah ( MDT)
- 6:00 AM -1:30 PM
- 10:30 AM – 6:00 PM
- 12:30 PM – 8:00 PM
Arizona ( MST)
- 5:00 AM – 12:30 PM
- 9:30 AM – 5:00 PM
- 11:30 AM -6:00 PM
Note: Shifts are Monday- Friday with weekends as assigned
Starting wage of $17.00 per hour, with potential shift differential opportunities
Full/Flex Time Benefits
We could say there are too many to list, but it’s worth it to share the good news!
Starting DAY ONE (yes, you heard that correctly NO WAITING PERIOD), you can take advantage of our amazing benefit package, designed with you and your future in mind! Check out the full list:
- Paid time off (at minimum, 20 personal days + 7 holidays per year)
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Education Assistance: fully paid Bachelors and tuition assistance & reimbursement options
- 401K with company match and fixed contribution
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
What You Will Do
- You’ll spend the majority of your shift on the phone (automatic dialer, inbound and outbound), speaking with delinquent customers, listening to their concerns, and providing them with the best solutions. You’ll be a master problem solver!
- Customer care is key- our approach to collections is about finding the right options for the customer by understanding their needs, and the options Discover has for them.
- Working from home, you will need a quiet workspace so you can focus on our customers. You’ll also need a minimum of 5 MBPS up/download speed from your internet provider.
- We’ll provide you with all the equipment you need! Monitors, computer, keyboard, mouse, headset, and an amazing new hire training experience. You’ll also have the best coaches to help you deliver the best service!
- We’ll provide you with procedures and tools to handle our customer’s needs and strengthen their relationship with Discover.
Qualifications You Will Need to Succeed
- Be reliable! We need you here to take care of our customers. Be committed to working your schedule.
- We are always looking for ways to make things better for our employees and customers- that means you will experience change, sometimes at a fast pace.
- Be resilient! You will need to be confident and have the ability to cope with rejection.
- Positive energy, competitive drive, strong communication, ability to focus on the issue and not take things personally. Let your personality shine.
- We want you to succeed! That means you will receive coaching and feedback. Be open and willing to try new things.
- You will need to adhere to Fair Debt Collection and Practices law and the company’s Collection Practices policy.
Bonus Points if you have:
- 1+ years of experience in related field
Benefits you might not have expected
- Employee Assistance Program Counselors
- Discover [email protected] Family Assistance Program (Discounted childcare at participating centers, free care.com membership, and subsidized Backup Care Services)
- Perks at Work (access discounts from over 30,000 merchants, earning WOW Points while you shop)
- Opportunities to volunteer in the community
- Development groups and training
- If you do choose to work onsite, we have a full service cafeteria featuring Starbucks and subsidized mindful options, as well as access to our Fitness Center. We also have onsite Health Clinics.