Title: Customer Care Coordinator – Member Outbound and Response Team – Remote
Location: Sugar Land TX US
Job Category: Customer Service and Claims
Job Type: Full-time
$1,500 Sign On Bonus For External Candidates
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
This service model simplifies the way consumers, and their families engage in health care – clears the confusion, enables access to the right care, helps ensure the right care decisions are made and makes health care more affordable.
The Customer Service Care Coordinator on our High Touch Call Team (HTCT) focuses on the onboarding, outreach, and member support for our DSNP members. The team works to support our members find a doctor, understand their benefits, and receive the health care they need, all of which is evaluated through our star ratings. What makes the High Touch Call Team special is the unique mix of backgrounds, including highly trained call agents, nurses, and social workers. This team goes above and beyond to assist our Dual Special Needs members with identified gaps in care and triage any issue the member may have, even if it means additional follow-up calls.
This position is full-time, Monday – Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 7:00am 7:00pm CST. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Manage every call by accurately resolving the issue, demonstrating compassion, meeting compliance requirements and ensuring a hassle-free experience for our members.
- Provide a distinctive, simplified service experience aimed at giving members ‘peace of mind’; improving NPS and retention for members that engage in our services.
- Connect with as many members as possible, communicate the value of completing HRAs and offer plan benefits based on HRA responses.
- Demonstrate operational excellence by increasing “ready” time so the dialer may perform optimally. In turn impacting swift campaign completions and being available for more work to be assigned.
This is high volume, customer service environment. You’ll need to be efficient, productive and thorough dealing with our members over the phone. Strong computer and software navigation skills are critical. You should also be strongly patient-focused and adaptable to changes.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher) OR equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 4+ years of combined education, work and/or volunteer experience
- Customer Service Experience
- Sales or account management experience
- Health Care/Insurance environment (familiarity with medical terminology, health plan documents, or benefit plan design)
- Social work, behavioral health, disease prevention, health promotion and behavior change (working with vulnerable populations)
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $18.17 to $32.26. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $20.00 to $35.53. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.