Full-Time Customer Experience Associate
HUNGRY HARVEST OPENINGS CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE
About Hungry Harvest
At Hungry Harvest we’re bringing plant power to the people by rescuing farm fresh fruits and vegetables that would otherwise go to waste and affordably and conveniently bringing them right to our customers’ doors. Every Harvest we deliver saves at least 10 pounds of food from going to waste, helps close food access gaps, and works to reduce our overall environmental impact. Cutting food waste in half globally could reduce our ecological footprint by 16% and ensure a more sustainable future. We’re working every day to make that a reality. Since 2014, we’ve rescued over 27 million pounds of produce and provided over 1.7 million pounds to our neighbors in need with the help of our local hunger-solving partners and initiatives.
Why work for Hungry Harvest?
We’re a passionate, crafty and produce-loving team on a mission to end food waste and hunger in the US. We hold each other accountable, take pride in problem solving, and learn from our mistakes. We value all voices and challenge each other’s perspectives. If you want to join a team that is genuine, driven, passionate, talented, and fun, then look no further.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Hungry Harvest
Hungry Harvest was built on the idea that accessibility and availability of nutritious food is a right, not a privilege. As a company, we believe that grounding ourselves in Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging (DEIB) is critical to achieving our mission in the most meaningful way possible. It’s in our company’s DNA to examine the flaws in our food systems, strive for food and environmental justice in our communities, and do all that we can to advocate for a better, more equitable society. We believe DEIB should be the foundation for all of our business decisionsfrom the candidates we hire to the farms we work withand we place a high value on our DEIB work.
Not sure if you fit 100% of our job posting? No worries! We’d still love to hear from you and learn what excites you about this position and joining our team. We firmly believe, with the right passion and drive in place, many skills are teachable!
To read more about our commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging, you can visit our complete DEIB mission statement by clicking HERE.
We are looking for a produce loving, customer centric person to join our team providing driver communication support and making our customers happy through outreach and problem resolution. This is a full-time, remote opportunity (schedule posted below).
- Replying to email and live chat inquiries in a fast-paced environment
- Working with other departments to identify and resolve issues
- Educating customers in how to manage their Hungry Harvest accounts
- Making improvements to the customer experience based on customer feedback and pain points
- Updating customer records, recording order data, and following process flows
- Being an expert on our product and showing that in your interactions with our customers
- Send text or email communication to customers for late deliveries, new delivery times, order updates, or rescheduled deliveries
- Provide back-up coverage as needed
- 1-3 years prior customer service experience preferred
- Prior experience with ticketing systems and live chat software preferred
- Above average communicator; you have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Reliable internet access
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Ability to problem-solve and innovate; you aren’t happy with the status quo
- You’re a people person and you genuinely want to help people
- Ability to stay calm in stressful situations
- Energetic and excited about Hungry Harvest and our mission
Benefits & Perks
- Health, dental and vision insurance with company contribution
- 401(k) Plan with company match
- Paid time off for vacation and sick days
- Mental health days
- Paid company holidays
- Growth opportunities
- Team that cares and company that is working towards a mission
- Stipend towards your own harvest
Location & Schedule: Position is remote allowing you to work from home, however candidates should be based in one of our operating states – MD, DC, VA, PA, FL, NC, MI, NV
Hours: Thursday- Monday: 11:00AM – 7:00PM
Hourly Rate: $17/hour
We highly encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQIA+, veterans, and people with disabilities. Hungry Harvest is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.