Customer Service Ambassador – Benefits Support (Virtual/Remote)
Who You Are
As our Ambassador, you are a part of our Process Support team and your passion for providing outstanding customer service contributes to our exceptional level of customer satisfaction. You will be working with Activus Connect, never for us. In your home office, on your computer/laptop, you will connect with customers to answer questions and resolve issues through phone calls and maybe even chat! Self-Motivation is essential as you will be assigned a schedule. Every day you will be the face of Activus Connect as we make meaningful and positive impacts on customers. You will demonstrate empathy and compassion by finding the proper resolution to all the customers inquiries. We have fun every single day and being comfortable using email and chat to communicate with peers is an absolute must. As a champion for the customer, at Activus Connect, you will be able to actively listen while using awesome phone contact skills!
At Activus Connect, we are a team that operates on the simple principals of mutual accountability, reliability, and dependability. To be part of the team, we must be able to rely on you and that starts with being at work on time, consistently doing your best and taking pride in the work you perform.
Here is what an Ambassadors day looks like
You will be working entirely from home, our positions are completely virtual. No more paying for gas to drive to work, no more uncomfortable work clothes, no more getting stuck in traffic (unless you count the traffic at the toaster for those morning waffles)!
You will need a distraction-free, quiet, environment to work from. An ideal work location is a private room, maybe a bedroom or office, with a door you can close. The best work locations are free from distractions like televisions, pets, or family members who may be in the home during your work hours. It’s important to remember that while you are working, you will need to be focused, so caring for family members or pets during work hours is not possible.
It’s important you set yourself up for success! You will be using your own equipment; a computer, headset, and hard-wired internet. You will want to ensure you have space for all your equipment in your work location and that you have everything you need before the start of your shift. It will be busy taking calls but we don’t forget the fun.
You work from your home but you are definitely not alone. We have a variety of groups and activities you can join in, including a book club! Get to know your coworkers, make some new friends, and build your support team. Stay connected with us.
At Activus Connect we strive to give every customer the best experience, and our Ambassadors are the face of our company. It all starts with you. You are the foundation upon which our success is built. We ask for the very best – and we give the same back to our employees.
What you will do
- Responding to calls, emails, or chats from customers who have questions regarding their benefits package which may include: 401K, Health Insurance, Pension, or Payroll related inquiries.
- Assisting with website or application related issues in regards to accessing their benefits.
- Answering questions regarding products or services the customer may have.
- Documenting customer interactions in the client system thoroughly, using proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Transferring data from documents into the client’s system.
- Making outbound calls to follow up and resolve customer issues as needed.
- Responding to email or chat inquiries from customers related to their benefits information.
- Processing transactions such as health enrollments, tax and direct deposit information updates, 401K withdrawals or contributions, and retirement elections.
- Partnering with other internal departments, Human Resource teams, etc, to ensure that the best and most accurate information and resolution is provided for the customer’s issue.
- Conducting independent research, utilizing tools and resources you are provided, to determine the best resolution to a customer’s case. The ability to work on cases independently, while supporting your team as a whole, is important.
- Additional duties to be discussed during your interview.
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- At least 1 year of call center experience OR 2 years of customer service experience
- Be willing to work under an immediate supervisor. Accept and learn from feedback – we are all in this together and growth is guaranteed!
- Must have strong computer navigation and organizational skills.
- We will pay you to complete online training, but you must commit to attending – 100%, no missed time
- Be able to complete and pass a background check
Desktop or laptop (Tablets, Winbooks, Smart devices, Windows Mini PCs, Chromebook and Android systems are NOT compatible)
Operation system: Windows 10
Mac Computers are not compatible.
Processor speed: i4 or greater processor (Ryzen Series 4 or greater is also compatible)
RAM: 8GB or better
Hard Drive: 256 SSD or better
All peripherals must be wired (wireless keyboard, wireless mouse or wireless headset are NOT allowed)
Must have reliable high-speed internet
20MB download minimum
10MB upload minimum
DSL, Cable, Fiber ONLY – (no Wi-Fi or satellite-based service)
For this position, a wired USB headset with built-in microphone and noise cancellation is required. Plantronics 3310 and 3320 (Available from Amazon, Tiger Direct, Office Depot, Plantronics.com, CDW, Walmart) are both permitted options (must be one of these).
We do require that you have an active, functioning webcam.
A second monitor/screen is required.
To complete your application you will need to take a screenshot (saved as PNG or JPEG) of the following two items so that you can upload them in your application:
1: Please complete a computer speed test using this link (This MUST be taken from a hard-wired computer system that you will use for your employment at Activus Connect – do not take from your cell phone!): Activus Connect Speedtest (save the URL/link – you’ll need that for the application). Please ONLY submit screenshots and result URL’s from the speedtest link provided, other speedtest results may not be accepted.
2: Please locate your computer specifications and take a screenshot. If you need assistance, there are numerous videos and “how-to” documents online. Simply search for how to find computer specs for the version of Windows/MAC you are running. We need to see your OS version, RAM, Processor type and speed.
You will need to take a photo of your workspace that shows your work station, computer equipment/etc. to attach to your application.
The pay rate is $15.00 per hour, this is a W2 position.
This is a Full-Time position, part time hours are not available
Training is paid at $15 an hour as well
Benefit eligible after 60 days (Medical, Vision, Dental and 401k)
This is a fully remote position, 100% work from home
Schedules are 7:30 AM – 4:00 PM CST M-F
Department: Customer Experience
This is a full time position