Customer Service Representative CCBH- Pennsylvania
Job ID: 454032740
Shift: Evening Job
Facility: Community Care Behavioral Health
Department: Member Services
Location: Work From Home
Union Position: No
Salary Range: $16.36 to $25.72 / hour
Do you have a passion for customer service? Are you interested in working from home? If so, an opportunity as a Customer Service Representative with Community Care Behavioral Health may be the perfect fit for you!
The Customer Services Representative acts as an advocate for Community Care customers (member, provider, facilities, etc.) by providing guidance, interpretation, and education on benefit coverage levels, referrals, and various program inquiries as part of our 24/7, 365 call center which includes overtime and holiday hours as needed. This is a full time position working Tuesday through Saturday 1:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. The selected candidate will have the opportunity to work remotely, but must be located in Pennsylvania.
- Maintains comprehensive understanding of member benefits, covered benefits, limitations, exclusions, policies and procedures, computer screens and code definitions, and maintains current awareness of plan changes and developments.
- Remain current on all departmental policies; procedures plan benefit designs, and modifications.
- Coordinates members’ use of the complaint process and assists Members, as needed, at all levels of the complaint process according to policy.
- Provides information regarding Community Care operations and answers any questions.
- Responds to member inquiries and describes member rights and responsibilities.
- Document inquiries in accordance with Community Care Customer Service guidelines.
- Facilitates members’ access to services by scheduling appointments or arranging transportation through the Medical AssistanceTransportation Program or the PHMCO, when needed.
- Conducts self in a manner consistent with the mission and philosophy of the organization at all times.
- Receives member and provider complaints, attempts resolution, and logs data.
- Provide exemplary customer service by being proactive and responsive to all Community Care member requests.
- Works with the care management staff, and other staff as appropriate, to develop necessary materials; special projects;member/provider alerts; and ability to discuss new procedures with members and providers.
- Interacts and coordinates with all areas of the organization.
- May engage in the acquisition or transfer of structured clinical data, but does not engage in any activities that involve clinical evaluation or interpretation.
- Collects information from members concerning problems with accessing services and/or benefits and uses that information to recommend modifications to plan policies and procedures to improve the service to members.
- Provides members with updated information, changes to the network, benefit plan or procedures.
- Makes outreach calls under supervision of care management staff.
- Contacts assigned members for various outreach and follow up initiatives.
- Determines if the member needs intervention by the Care Manager for emergent or urgent situations as directed by protocol.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, some college preferred.
- Proficient in typing required.
- Basic analytical skills necessary to evaluate caller inquiries.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal skills required.
- Ability to work independently required.
- Demonstrates good organizational skills.
- Minimum of 6 months of customer service and/or call center experience, behavioral health call center a plus.
- General knowledge of computers required.
- Microsoft windows environment.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
All new hire clearances must be dated within 90 days of hire
- Act 33 with renewal
- Act 34 with renewal
- Act 73 FBI Clearance with renewal