Customer Success Engineer
Are you a passionate security engineer who enjoys ensuring that technology and integrations are working in tip-top condition? Do you love setting up new services and ensuring customers are protected from the bad guys?
That’s exactly what we do here at Expel. As a Customer Success Engineer, it is your responsibility to ensure that the integration between our customers and Expel’s technology is working well. This includes assisting our customers to integrate with Expel and ensuring that our existing customers are getting the most out of our services. You’ll work with multiple teams from Sales to Development. And, of course, you will spend time supporting our customers.
We pride ourselves on our simple and fast onboarding process. This can only happen when we work as a team. You will be counted on to build positive relationships, and to learn not only the intricate details of our solution, but our customers’ environments and technologies.
Using a variety of newest modern tools and technology, you will have the chance to analyze, troubleshoot and investigate device integration issues. In addition to bringing technical expertise to the role, you will have the opportunity to learn and research multiple technologies to support our customers. This will vary from on-prem firewalls to the latest cloud based SIEMs and SaaS applications. Experience with these technologies is a huge advantage.
Does this sound like you? If yes, then we’d love to talk with you. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about helping customers maintain a tip-top environment while ensuring that together, we detect the bad stuff. We have an amazing team and believe you’ll love getting to know us.
What Expel can do for you
- Give you an opportunity to take ownership of key processes and capabilities at Expel
- Empower you to coach and guide the methodologies you define
- Ensure your voice is heard & tied directly to our business direction
- Connect you with technical & security leads across the security market
- Provide you with an entertaining, small, and highly transparent environment
- Challenge you to push the bounds of our security vision
What you can do for Expel
- Monitor, troubleshoot and fix technology integration issues
- Ensure all customer support activities are created, tracked and resolved in the Expel ticketing system
- Provide guidance, mentorship and oversight in delivering our services to customers
- Identify and drive improvements to our processes and technology
- Work to constantly refine the enrichment and accuracy of our health monitoring systems
- Offer your expertise and step in to help when customers and analysts need additional support
- Support our Solution Architects and Engagement Managers to ensure we are taking care of our customers with high levels of care and quality
What you should bring with you
- 2+ years of professional experience
- Familiarity with security detection and response tools
- Excellent organizational, prioritization and time management skills
- An ability to design, read and understand various evaluation & measurement techniques
- Fluency with network architecture and security infrastructure placement
- Knowledge of Windows & Linux operating systems and command line tools
- Knowledge of SIEM technologies and query languages
- An understanding of networking fundamentals, TCP/IP and core protocols
- Experience across network and Security technologies is a tremendous advantage.
- Hands-on experience in software development and/or scripting is a plus
The base salary range for this role is between $77,500 USD and $111,600 USD + bonus eligibility and equity.
We believe in paying transparently and equitably. Your salary will ultimately be based on factors such as your experience, skills, team equity, and market data. You’ll also be eligible for unlimited PTO (which we model and encourage), work location flexibility, up to 24 weeks of parental leave, and really excellent health benefits.
We are accepting candidates outside of the DC-Metro area for this position at this time.
We’re only hiring those authorized to work in the United States. We do not currently sponsor immigration visas.
At Expel, we ask our crew to provide their COVID-19 vaccination status because it’s helpful to understand this data at a company level and we expect that customers, partners, and conferences will start asking us to attest to the vaccination status of our people.
We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer: You’ll receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or on the basis of disability.
Health Insurance, Flexible/Unlimited PTO, Parental and family leave