Title: Financial Advisor – WFH (work from home)
Location: Charlotte North Carolina United States of America
At Alight, we believe a company s success starts with its people. It s why we re so driven to connect passion with purpose. Our team s expertise in human insights and cloud technology, allows companies and employees around the world to transform and thrive.
With a competitive total rewards package, continuing education and training and tremendous potential with a growing global organization, Alight is the perfect place to put your passion to work.
Alight Is Looking For An Investment Advisor
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help drive results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Advisory Services business group within Alight in Charlotte, NC. As an Investment Advisor you will report directly to the Team Manager.
Your Impact As An Investment Advisor
- Receive inbound calls from retirement plan participants looking for assistance with financial planning and investment advisory services within our call center.
- Explain the investment services available to inbound callers with the goal to direct them to the correct service.
- Interview individuals to gather required information, review planning suggestions, and deliver the financial plan to the individual.
- Provide financial education related to various retirement plan topics.
- Make warm outbound calls to customers who have expressed interest in obtaining assistance with the creation of a financial plan or our advisory programs.
- Explain employer-based retirement plan requirements and basic IRS regulations related to 401(k) transactions to retirement plan participants.
- Interface with the Benefits Center Customer Service teams as necessary to ensure a seamless customer experience (e.g., educating CSAs on Advisory products and services, reciprocal sharing of best practices, identifying techniques for improving referrals).
- Interacting with customers with account questions; update account information as needed; respond to customer inquiries on related issues; troubleshoot basic technical problems; provide product and service literature upon request.
- Responsible for participating in the process of setting up new accounts and maintaining accounts for customers.
- Accurately recording account openings and other transactions in our record keeping database
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- Experience in delivering financial planning and investment advisory services required.
- Experience in dealing with phone-based Customer Service, Sales and/or Marketing experience preferred.
- Strong rapport building and interpersonal skills are necessary.
- Ability to educate callers on complex retirement and investment concepts is necessary.
- Utilize conceptual thinking to identify patterns, apply concepts and clarify complex information.
- Demonstrate sustained confidence and resilience during challenging interactions.
- Actively listen to customers to understand both articulated and unarticulated needs.
- Ability to ask relevant probing questions to better assess customer needs.
- Use data to persuade and influence customers to objectively guide them.
- FINRA 65 or 66 required
- Certified Financial Planner or Chartered Retirement Plan Consultant designation preferred.
- Good presentation skills required.
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 5 years financial industry experience.
We offer you a competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.