Fraud Customer Service
Discover. A brighter future.
Great News! You are eligible for a cash bonus!
- Sign-on Bonus: up to $2K*
- And We offer 100% remote, combo, or on site- it’s your choice! You do need to live in Ohio, Utah, Arizona, or Delaware (and surrounding area), or Illinois.
- And After you join the team, Discover will provide eligible employees with a one-time allowance of $500 to cover the costs of setting up a home office and a monthly internet reimbursement of $60.
*Bonus is paid in the following increments within 30 days of the following milestones:
- $500 following 60 days employed
- $500 following 120 days employed
- $1000 following 365 days employed
To receive the bonus, you must be employed with Discover at the time of payment. Stated bonus payouts are before taxes and deductions as applicable to you.
We’ve got you covered with a variety of shifts for this position.
Available Shifts – All are listed in Eastern Time Zone
- 9:30 AM – 6:00 PM Monday – Friday with weekends as assigned
- 11:30 AM – 8:00 PM Monday – Friday with weekends as assigned
- 7:30 PM – 4:00 AM Monday – Friday with weekends as assigned
*Please note all shifts are scheduled with a 5 day work week. You will be issued your schedule 4 weeks or more in advance.
*Every work week is issued a day off during the week and a day off on the weekend. (Example – Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri, Sat = On Shift / Wed, Sun = Off Shift)
You’ll notice we post all jobs in Eastern Time zone, but here’s what it means in your local time:
Shift options for different time zones
- (DE/OH)Available START time options = 9:30 AM / 11:30 AM / 7:30 PM
- (IL) Available START time options = 8:30 AM / 10:30 AM / 6:30 PM
- (UT) Available START time options = 7:30 AM / 9:30 AM / 5:30 PM
- (AZ) Available START time options = 6:30 AM / 8:30 AM / 4:30 PM
Starting Wage: Minimum of $17.00 hourly up to $22.44/hour with shift differential.
We know you’re going to love it here! Discover has an outstanding culture and the employee experience is fantastic! Check out all the reasons to apply:
Full Time Benefits
Our comprehensive benefits package starts day one and features insurance, financial planning support and excellent perks designed to help you reach your goals and live a rich, healthy life. These include:
- Paid time off (at minimum 20 personal days + 7 holidays per year)
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement for eligible US based employees
- 401K with company match and fixed contribution
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Full service cafeteria featuring Starbucks and subsidized Mindful options
- Access to fitness center
- Opportunities to volunteer in the community
- Development groups and training
- On-site Health Clinics
- Onsite Employee Assistance Program Counselors
- Discover [email protected] Family Assistance Program (Discounted childcare at participating centers, free care.com membership, and subsidized Backup Care Services)
- Perks at Work (access discounts from over 30,000 merchants, earning WOWPoints while you shop)
What You’ll Do
- Resolve Cardmember inquiries regarding a fraud- or security-related concern; such as verifying flagged transactions, caller authentication, reporting an account as fraud, etc.
- Take incoming calls and referrals from other departments, and at times make outbound calls.
How You’ll Do It
- Handle inbound customer calls; complete necessary fraud verification, includes caller authentication, transaction verification, etc., utilizing excellent customer service skills.
- Collect necessary information and complete a fraud report when a customer confirms unauthorized account activity.
- Ensure proper follow-up or escalation of account based on call outcome.
- Make outbound calls to verify account activity with the customer.
Qualifications You’ll Need
Bonus Point If You Have
- High school diploma or GED
- 1+ years of experience in call center/customer service
- A quiet workspace
- Internet service with a minimum speed of 5mbps
- Personal smartphone or a tablet