Great Minds, a rapidly growing DC-based organization developing world-class curricula for Grades PK-12, is seeking PhD Science PD Seasonal Associates to join our mission-drive team of professionals. Educators from all implementation contexts are encouraged to apply.
Great Minds, a mission-driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our curricula, Geodes, Wit & Wisdom, Eureka Math, Eureka Math and PhD Science, support teachers as they take students beyond rote memorization to build deep, enduring knowledge of humanities, mathematics, and science. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1,000 people.
OUR MARKET POSITION;
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
The PhD Science PD Seasonal Associates will:
- Develop and maintain expertise in specified selections from the catalog of PhD Science PD offerings.
- Attend and engage in a paid training process from January – May including a hybrid of virtual synchronous and asynchronous responsibilities alongside potential required onsite, in-person training on April 1st-3rd.
- Deliver an estimated 10 days of virtual or on-site professional development throughout Summer 2022, as assigned by PhD Science PD Services.
Submit resume and cover letter describing in detail:
- Experience teaching or supervising implementations of PhD Science
- Experience delivering professional development
- Education and other relevant experience
- First and last date of summer availability
- Strong, consistent Internet bandwidth
- Access to a quiet space for delivering virtual professional development
- Proficiency with technology (Microsoft Suite, Zoom, Canvas)
- Engagement throughout training process from January – May
- Willingness to travel within the continental US
Education and Experience Requirements
- Minimum of 1 year of experience teaching in or supporting teachers in a school or district using PhD Science
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Science, or a related field
- 2+ years of experience teaching in or supporting teachers in a school or district using PhD Science
- 1+ years of experience delivering professional development at the district or national level
- Experience teaching or delivering professional development in a virtual setting
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Respect for education professionals
- Flexible thinking
- Commitment to continuous improvement
- Proactive problem solving
- Ability to demonstrate grace under pressure
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Commitment to high standards of excellence
- Organizational skills
This role can be performed anywhere in the US with the exception of Colorado
A cover letter and resume are required to be considered for this position.
If selected a background check will be required.
New employees will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination, subject to potential reasonable accommodation due to medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs.
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.