Title: Sr. Due Diligence Representative
Location: Fort Wayne, IN, US
Alternate Locations: US All Regions; Work from Home
Work Arrangement: Work from Home
Relocation assistance:: is not available for this opportunity.
Pay Range: $20.82 – $31.20
Bonus Potential: 5%
Requisition #: 69922
The Role at a Glance
We are excited to bring on a Sr. Due Diligence Representative to support the Producer Solutions Operations business in a work from home environment.
As a member of the Due Diligence Team, you will leverage your decision-making skills while having great attention to detail to ensure we are accurately reviewing producers wanting to be appointed with Lincoln. You will work with the contracting teams as well as leadership to ensure we have performed a Due Diligence review of every producer that is new or active with Lincoln. You will also work closely with compliance to help facilitate any findings and termination requests from them. You will be a part of a collaborative team to help create a better customer experience for our producer onboarding process. If this sounds like a role for you, please read on!
What you’ll be doing
- You will thoroughly review producer contracting requests including applications, background checks, credit reports and disclosures. You will research and review all findings and work cross functionally to determine whether or not to appoint the producer with Lincoln.
- You will act as a point of contact for producers, communicating regularly regarding any needed information, such as letters of explanation, to complete the due diligence review.
- You will serve as a point of contact to producers, managing a phone line and meeting their needs through problem resolution.
- You will work closely with the compliance and leadership teams on increasingly complex due diligence reviews.
- You will proactively identify, recommend and champion service and process improvements and assist in researching and implementing these improvements to provide a better producer onboarding experience.
What we’re looking for
Must-have experience (Required):
- High School diploma or GED or minimum Associate degree in lieu of required experience.
- 3-5+ Years of Client Customer Support and Operations experience aligned with the responsibilities of this position.
- Ability to work with others in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and multi-task while maintaining strict attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
Nice-to have Experience (Preferred):
- Previous research and/or financial operations experience helpful.
- Solid relationship management skills with internal and/or external clients (e.g. management, peers, colleagues, customers).
- Strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative style.
What’s it like to work here?
At Lincoln Financial Group, we love what we do. We make meaningful contributions each and every day to empower our customers to take charge of their lives. Working alongside dedicated and talented colleagues, we build fulfilling careers and stronger communities through a company that values our unique perspectives, insights and contributions and invests in programs that empower each of us to take charge of our own future.
What’s in it for YOU:
- A clearly defined career framework to help you successfully manage your career
- Leadership development and virtual training opportunities
- PTO/parental leave
- Competitive 401K and employee benefits
- Free financial counseling, health coaching and employee assistance program
- Tuition assistance program
- A leadership team that prioritizes your health and well-being; offering a remote work environment and flexible work hybrid situations
- Effective productivity/technology tools and training
Work from Home :
- Employees will work from home and are not required to work in a Lincoln office on a regular basis.
Lincoln will evaluate the following when setting the successful candidate’s wage rate:
- Prior work or industry experience.
- Education level to the extent education is relevant to the position.
- Unique skills
About The Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 200 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas — Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection — focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customer’s lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $324 billion in end-of-period account values as of June 30, 2021.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America and Best Employers for Women by Forbes magazine as well as one of Newsweek’s Most Responsible Companies, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees’ futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
Lincoln is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Lincoln Financial Group is a committed corporate citizen included on major sustainability indices including the Dow Jones Sustainability Index North America and FTSE4Good. Dedicated to diversity and inclusion, we earned perfect 100 percent scores on the Corporate Equality Index and the Disability Equality Index. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
Be Aware of Fraudulent Recruiting Activities
If you are interested in a career at Lincoln, we encourage you to review our current openings and apply on our website. Lincoln values the privacy and security of every applicant and urges all applicants to diligently protect their sensitive personal information from scams targeting job seekers. These scams can take many forms including fake employment applications, bogus interviews and falsified offer letters.
Lincoln will not ask applicants to provide their social security numbers, date of birth, bank account information or other sensitive information in job applications. Additionally, our recruiters do not communicate with applicants through free e-mail accounts (Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or conduct interviews utilizing video chat rooms. We will never ask applicants to provide payment during the hiring process or extend an offer without conducting a phone, live video or in-person interview.
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group (“LFG”) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, Veteran status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications.