Supervisor Customer Care
Atlanta, GA, United States
The Supervisor of Customer Care manages the overall staffing structure and workflow of a Customer Care team comprised of 15-25 Customer Care agents supporting a large client; includes day-to-day employee management as well as customer relationship management. As a supervisory role, this position will get involved in resolving escalated team issues and is expected to consistently meet departmental expectations on metrics related to deliverables. This role will maintain departmental quality and compliance standards by identify and implement ongoing improvements in the areas of people, process and systems to achieve defined performance metrics. This role requires a high level of knowledge working in call center protocol along with the ability to direct the Customer Care team to successfully meet departmental performance expectations. Decision making and problem solving are key components of this role.
The ideal candidate has a customer-first mindset and aims to deliver high-quality service in every customer interaction.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervises daily work production and flow from direct reports to ensure prompt and effective customer service maintaining performance records to measure weekly, monthly and quarterly achievements
- Independently examines and analyzes the team’s performance against measured service goals
- Demonstrates ownership for overall team results; recommends and leads the implementation of plan(s) of action to improve the team’s achievement of service level(s)
- Drives the team to identify and implement process improvements; encourages ownership of and group participation in the improvement initiatives
- Monitors agent daily productivity for trends and issues
- Handles questions and escalations from direct reports providing guidance to available resources/tools to increase capabilities and knowledge level of direct reports
- Identifies and escalates new issues or trends, develops appropriate action plans to manage challenges, recommends process and procedure improvements to the Customer Care Manager
- Disseminates communications to direct reports regarding policy changes, incentive updates and technical issues as well as other direct information as needed
- Monitors direct report voice and non-voice interactions for quality purposes meeting required QA monitoring monthly and conduct regular calibrations with peers to ensure individual, team and department goals are being met
- Provides performance feedback and as necessary documents all progressive performance management steps in accordance with First Advantage policies with the guidance and approval of Human Resources
- Coaches and mentors direct reports for quality and productivity providing side by side and one on one feedback
- Conducts bi-weekly team meetings to build morale and provide an effective communication channel for ideas and innovation
- Trains and orients new and current employees on the team on products, policies and procedures; serves as product and process expert and resource to the team
- Manages to tight timelines to deliver results and free up bandwidth to support subsequent programs
- Write and deliver performance reviews that accurately reflect the goals, objectives ad accomplishments of all direct reports
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
Minimum 5 years’ call center experience or related field is a requirement. Minimum of 3-5 years in a lead or supervisor role preferred. Call center certifications are a plus.
Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities or Certifications:
- Bilingual (Spanish &English) language; Six Sigma.
- Confident ability to restate or rephrase questions to verify consistent comprehension of a problem
- Ability to effectively prioritize and perform multiple tasks in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to quickly connect with people, establish a rapport, express empathy and project confidence
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Effectively communicate in a clear and concise manner
- Passion for delighting customers with above and beyond service
- Excellent time-management and prioritization skills
This role is largely a sedentary in nature and involves sitting for long periods of time. The role requires the ability to hear and talk as well as to see data and adjust visual focus for computer and paper tasks, read, type, lift and/or carry equipment and files up to 20 pounds, walk, bend or stand as necessary. Flexibility of working hours (any schedule from 8am 8pm; some Saturday work as business unit requires).
- Demonstrated success in supervising and motivating teams and individual employees in a call center environment
- Must be able to see the project, decisions and processes in terms of the big picture/cross-departmental impacts
- Experience managing multiple call queues effectively balancing resources to achieve desired Service Levels
- Ability to balance work assignments and completion of both voice and non-voice at an hourly increment
- Ability to effectively operate within diverse and cross-functional groups
- Ability to work well under stress in a fast-paced and continuously changing environment
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills utilizing creativity and innovation
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to tailor communication to audience to achieve desired results
- Proficiency in standard MS Office applications.
This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, keyboards, phones, photocopiers, scanners, calculators, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Less than 10% travel annually.
First Advantage benefits include:
- 401k, health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO) 3 weeks annually
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Robust rewards program
- All equipment is provided, and training is 100% paid