Account Manager – Nonprofit Bookkeeper
Remote – United States
- Are you someone who understands the importance of strong financial and administrative support to our nation’s nonprofit sector?
- Are you passionate about spending your days supporting the progressive causes you believe in with your actions, not just your words or money?
- Would you love to join an emotionally supportive, inclusive, and fun team of like-minded finance professionals?
- Do you want to stay on the cutting edge of finance technology, and be able to make a good living working from any location with a self directed schedule?
- Do you want to grow professionally to provide the best quality accounting services to great causes?
- Sutro Li is seeking a new team member to join our growing mission-driven cloud-based accounting team.
- Our ideal candidate is passionate about helping nonprofits and other mission-based teams have their maximum impact on the world, has at least 5 years experience working as a sole proprietor bookkeeper with organizations with budgets of $1-10 million/year, and enjoys staying up to date on the latest technology in the field.
- By working with our global team and utilizing cloud-based technology, you will be able to support a growing list of nonprofit and mission-based organizations in their accounting and administrative needs.
- Your role will be to be their primary point of contact with our team, both here in the US, and our superlative team of accountants based in Pune, India.
- With your nonprofit accounting experience, you will work to anticipate the needs of Sutro Li’s clients and will define and delegate tasks to your support team.
- You will meet with your clients and team via video chat on a regular basis, and enjoy a pleasant camaraderie with them as you work together to create and maintain the processes to keep accounts up to date.
- If this sounds like a good fit for you, read on for more details, then apply by submitting your Linkedin profile and/or resume. Also, let us know which three of the clients on our website inspire you the most and why.
- Accounting Project Management
- Hold regular meetings with clients
- Document meeting minutes and action items
- Provide real time support to questions clients have about their accounting process or their financial position
- Train clients in how to use Xero or other SAAS applications deployed for client
- Educate client on all Sutro Li policies and service processes
- Master the delivery of weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual service to Sutro Li clients
- Maintain client satisfaction
- Ensure timely delivery of all services
- Respond to client inquiries within 24-48 hours
- Build strong collegial rapport w/ clients
- Create and oversee recurring tasks in Asana
- Review the monthly tasks performed by India-based accountants, provide feedback and quality control
- Provide training and education to the India-based team as necessary
- Provide input as requested on how to improve Sutro Li, and how to help Sutro Li be as effective as possible in achieving its mission of providing accounting services to great causes.
- Compensation DOE
- Minimum of 30 hrs/week
- Includes paid holidays, paid time off, maternity/paternity leave, health and dental benefits, 401(k), home office stipend
DETAILS AT A GLANCE
- Remote Possible
- Full Time Schedule
- High School Diploma Required
Paid holidays, paid time off, maternity/paternity leave, health and dental benefits, 401(k), home office stipend