Associate Medical Director I – Medical Safety Review
- United States of America
- Research and Development
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio.
The primary focus of this position is the medical review of clinical trial serious adverse events (SAEs) including causality assessment and company analysis development
- Performs causality assessment of adverse events in post-marketing individual case safety reports.
- Performs medical review of clinical serious adverse event (SAEs).
- Develops company analysis for suspected unexpected serious adverse reactions (SUSARs).
- Responsible for accurate and timely communication with all clinical trial stakeholders.
- May serve as secondary lead for therapeutic area.
- Understands safety profile of assigned AbbVie products and development compounds as well as safety aspects of relevant therapeutic area drugs and patient populations.
- Understands disease state for each indication within assigned AbbVie products and development compounds.
- Understands global regulations, processes and practices.
- Contributes as requested to PPS initiatives.
This position can be remote or located at headquarters.
- Medical doctor
- Drug safety experience preferred but not required.
Significant Work Activities
Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
- Yes, 15 % of the Time
- Job Type