Who We Are
At Thinkful, a Chegg Online Learning Service, we believe that if schools put in even half the amount of effort that students do the outcomes would be better for everyone. People would have a path to a fulfilling future, instead of being buried under debt. Employers would benefit from a workforce trained for today. And education could finally offer students a return on their investment of both money and time.
We put in outlandish amounts of effort to create an education that offers our students a guaranteed return on their investment. We partner with employers to create a world-class curriculum built for today. We go to the ends of the earth to find mentors who are the best of the best. We invest more in career services than any of our peers. We work hard to be on the ground in the cities our students are. Simply put, no other school works as hard for its students as we do. Students enroll in Thinkful courses to gain the valuable technical and professional skills needed to take them from curious learners to employed technologists.
Our Careers Immersion team at Thinkful is seeking a Career Outcomes Specialist to help every immersion graduate get a great job. This role has two components: directly coaching students through the job search and building employer partnerships to connect graduates with hiring partners.
You’ll specialize in one of our topic areas and be responsible for building employer relationships across the country with growing companies. You must have experience building partnerships or with enterprise sales. You’ll use strong interpersonal and communication skills to secure lasting partnerships that lead to interviews and jobs for graduates you’re working with.
You’ll also coach current students and new graduates through the job search over daily chat sessions, email, and video calls. You will set expectations, evaluate work, keep students motivated, and hold them accountable for their goals even when they’re discouraged.
Success for this job will be measured by the rate at which your graduates get great jobs – every day you’ll directly change lives.
Employer Partnership Responsibilities
- Research prospective employer partners in target markets, pursue leads and follow through to a successful agreement to join Thinkful’s growing hiring partner network
- Maintain relationships with current partners and identify new prospects within your assigned area/region
- Possess a strong understanding of our products and what sets our grads apart
- Meet or exceed company goals for graduate outcomes via employer partnerships
- Send qualified candidate profiles to employers to facilitate interviews
- Guide a portfolio of job-seekers through the full life-cycle of their job search
- Review cover letters, resumes, and other materials to ensure that they are optimized and effective
- Be the go-to expert for graduates on how to prepare for and execute a successful job search
- Keep Thinkful graduates motivated their job search
- Develop and manage group coaching sessions and webinars on elements of an effective job search strategy
- Proactively identify job seekers who need additional support and ensure they are supported as necessary
Skills & Requirements
- 3-5 year proven track record in enterprise sales, career coaching, or related roles
- Demonstrated ability to listen, motivate, and provide valuable feedback to both fellow employees and graduates
- Excellent organizational skills, with a strong motivation to hit monthly goals
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate technical and non-technical information to employers
- Passion for helping others obtain meaningful careers and providing outstanding service
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Salesforce
- Previous industry experience is a plus
What is Chegg?
An ‘always on’ digital learning platform.
Chegg puts students first…Everything we build in this company is student-focused, making us the leading student-first connected learning platform. Chegg strives to improve the overall return on investment in education by helping students learn more in less time and at a lower cost. This is achieved by providing students a multitude of educational tools from affordable textbook rentals to Chegg Study which supplements their learning through 24/7 tutor access, step-by-step help with questions, and more. Chegg is a publicly-held company based in Santa Clara, California and trades on the NYSE under the symbol CHGG.
Why do we exist?
Students are working harder than ever before to stabilize their future. Our recent research study called State of the Student shows that nearly 3 out of 4 students are working to support themselves through college and 1 in 3 students feel pressure to spend more than they can afford. We founded our business on provided affordable textbook rental options to address these issues. Since then, we’ve expanded our offerings to supplement many facets of higher education learning through Chegg Study, Chegg Math, Chegg Writing, Chegg Internships, Thinkful Online Learning, and more to support students beyond their college experience. These offerings lower financial concerns for students by modernizing their learning experience. We exist so students everywhere have a smarter, faster, more affordable way to the student.