Clinical Data Scientist
- Virtual Office
When you’re the best, we’re the best. We instill an environment where employees feel engaged, satisfied and able to contribute their unique skills and talents. We provide extensive opportunities for personal and professional development, building both employee competence and organizational capability to fuel exceptional performance now and in the future.
- In this role, you will conduct sophisticated data analysis to help address critical business and member questions, the outputs of which enable members to drive improvements in clinical, operational, and economic outcomes.
- Provide analysis to identify critical issues/questions around member performance.
- Conduct exploratory data analysis from complex, disparate data sources to recognize patterns, and identify member performance improvement opportunities.
- Generate hypotheses and analyze data to test and interpret results.
- Design and develop data models to predict member outcomes or future impact of key member decisions.
- Communicate findings from exploratory and predictive data analysis broadly to team and leaders.
- Identify improvement opportunities in reporting and BI tools and collaborate with Products Technology to implement enhancements.
- Serve as the resident data expert and share best practices/approaches for statistics, machine learning techniques, data modeling, simulation and advanced mathematics.
- Collaborate with key leaders and clinicians to build analytical acumen across all analytic roles in the organization.
- Relevant degree preferred. Advanced degree a plus.
- 5 or more years of relevant work experience.
- Proficient programming experience using SAS/Python/R.
- Demonstrated ability to manage large disparate data sets and using quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Experience effectively communicating and presenting data to a variety of audiences required.
- Experience working with health care administrative claims data (ICD-10, MS-DRG, CPT/HCPCS) or electronic medical record data tools (Epic Clarity/Caboodle, Cerner CCL-Discern/PowerInsight) required.