Title: Communications and Digital Media Coordinator III
- Location: United States
About 9to5: For nearly five decades, 9to5 has been advancing economic justice for women, grounding our work through a racial and gender justice lens. As a grassroots, membership-based organization, our members are affected by the issues we work on every day: low-wage jobs, the erosion of a social safety net, the lack of paid sick time and paid family leave, unemployment, and workplace discrimination. Our programs include grassroots organizing, leadership development and training, nonpartisan civic engagement and policy change campaigns. For more information, see our website at www.9to5.org.
Working directly with the Senior Communications & Digital Strategist and Deputy Director of Development & Communications, the Communications and Digital Coordinator will (1) help implement the organizational communications plan; (2) help expand the digital presence of the organization and (3) support the team in donor and fundraising communications.
9to5 has physical offices in Atlanta, GA, Denver, CO, and Milwaukee, WI. This position can be based remotely anywhere in the United States.
Major Duties and Responsibilities Include:
Digital and Communications Strategy
- Help develop and implement the organizational communications & digital strategy while incorporating an anti-oppression, race and gender justice lens
- Serve as a thought partner on internal systems development
- Monitor current events and social media trends; identifies opportunities to advance our message and visibility
- Manage 9to5 digital and social media platforms; grow and maintain consistent online presence across various platforms
- Develop engaging digital content that includes graphics, memes, videos, etc.
- Monitor, moderate, and engage online audiences and supporters to build support and visibility
- Manage communications department projects as assigned, collaborating with necessary stakeholders and executing steps according to timeline
- Write content for multiple platforms, such as social media, blogs, email, and publication; coordinate to meet scheduled deadlines
- Oversee creation and production of print and digital materials including fact sheets, reports, fliers, marketing material, including drafting, editing, and graphic design; and branded merchandise
- Support the execution of donor communications and related administrative tasks
- Support the promotion and execution of fundraising campaigns and events; manage digital event logistics
- Help with the creation of communications, digital, and donor fundraising guides and how-tos for staff training
Communications and Data Management
- Create communications projects and manage their execution
- Maintain an organized repository of communications materials
- Create and maintain editorial calendar
- Support data management, planning and implementation related to fundraising and communications goals
With other related duties as assigned.
- Preferred background working in social justice and grassroots organizations;
- Demonstrated commitment to anti-racism, anti-oppression and ability to work with diverse populations;
- Ideal candidate will have 1-3 years of communications experience in the development of marketing and informational materials, public relations/media relations, writing and research, donor relations, fundraising campaigns, project management, social media;
- Familiarity with constituent relationship management (CRM) systems and a desire to develop database skills and experience; experience with CiviCRM, PowerBase, or ActionNetwork a plus
- Demonstrated creativity in the design of marketing, public relations or educational programs and communications materials;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, with a demonstrable ability to communicate complex ideas in succinct and clear ways to a variety of internal and external stakeholders;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to manage deadlines, work collaboratively, supervise interns/volunteers and achieve outcomes in a team-driven work culture;
- Knowledge of and experience using graphic design software a plus;
- Bilingual English-Spanish a plus;
- Must be able to flex work hours at times, as needed, for special events
This is a full-time position (40 hours/week), offering a salary package of $50,000 with generous health and paid time off benefits. Position is remote. 9to5 is an affirmative action employer.