Content Marketing Specialist
- Full time
Full Time | Location: North America | 3-5 years experience | $65-80k CAD
Hello, We are Smart Nora.
Our story started from our bedrooms, solving our problem with snoring. Fast forward 5 years, we have brought our solution to tens of thousands of couples who wake up happier and healthier every single morning. In the process, we have built a fantastic team who take pride in improving the lives of others.
The story that started with snoring, is now continuing with sleep and wellness. With a growing customer base, we are advancing our technology, and diversifying our products and services. If you are ready for your next big challenge, this might be the place for you.
On a day to day basis, we are a fast-paced team that enjoys each other’s company. We actively stay in touch and informed in a weekly cadence. As a distributed team, we use modern tools such as Notion, Figma, and Slack to work effectively together.
We value hard work, great judgment, and a can-do attitude. We enjoy learning about each others’ interests, and spending social time together to learn and play. A sense of humour, and a curious mind are always welcome here.
You have a deep passion for storytelling, clear communication, and effective writing. You enjoy participating in creative brainstorms informed by research, and bringing concepts to life as tangible pieces. You take pride in your craft and create content that connects with your audience on an emotional level. You are keen to learn from data and iterate until the best outcomes are realized.
You care deeply about your impact and are energized when your work improves the quality of life for others.
You want to work in an effective team and see tangible results of your work on a weekly basis.
About the Role
As a Content Marketing Specialist you are akin to a spokesperson for our brand. You develop a deep understanding of our audience and speak their language. You are a digital native with an intuition for crafting the right message for each medium.
- You will work primarily with the marketing team to turn concepts into effective pieces of writing that express our brand and engage our audiences.
- You will also devise the strategy to tailor the content into social media posts, email newsletters, blog posts, advertorials, and landing pages.
- You leverage statistical analysis and social media interactions as a window into the mind of our audience to understand the topics, tone, and cadence that best suits them.
- Your work experience has equipped you with deep understanding of performance-driven content creation with SEO in mind. You continuously keep up to date on best practices and strategies for converting traffic from social media and newsletters.
- You can take a campaign strategy and design and create the entire content marketing funnel from top to bottom.
- A bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism, or a related field is generally required for this position however your experience outweighs a degree requirement.
- 3-5 Years experience in the design/marketing industry, 1-2 years of which you have been directly responsible for content creation for a D2C brand, e-commerce, or digital marketing agency.
- Expert at using modern marketing tools such as Hubspot, Klayvio, Semrush or whatever is your power tool of choice.
- Excellent project management skills, attention to detail, analytical and results-driven.
- Excellent research, editing and proofreading skills.
- Excellent command of English language with a deep understanding of the North American market. You must be based in North America.
- Confident in managing projects independently, working across teams in a sprint format, and comfortable in adapting to new information.
Salary Range: $65-80k CAD
Our salaries are competitive with industry standards. Salary will be commensurate with your work experience.
Remote Work Accommodation
We will ensure you have the right equipment and setup for a functional and healthy work environment.
We offer health and dental insurance. Our extended benefits package also give you access to an array of services.
Equipment and Tools
All employees have access to the right tools for the job including an Apple computer and software for working efficiently.
If you worked here this past month here are some things you would have been involved in:
- Designed a new email campaign for Sleep Awareness Month to capture newsletter subscribers.
- Participating in weekly brainstorms with the team to understand the customer behaviour and needs to come up with facebook ad concepts.
- Writing informative and engaging blog posts to educate our customers about the importance of sleep and a healthy lifestyle.
- Reviewed some of the most frequently asked questions on our support pages and edited them for clarity.
- Writing content for a landing page to highlight great customer testimonial videos we received and showcase their unique personality and humour.
- Learning from our Digital Marketing Manager on which creatives are performing well and draft copy variations to be tested.
- Dive into social media comments, to engage with our audience, and get inspiration for how our content can turn skeptics into believers!
- Share what you have been geeking out on recently with everyone at Tea Time (our weekly casual meeting).
Our Interview Process
- Application Review: We are excited to meet you! We will carefully read your cover letter and your responses to our questions. We will then review your work sample and case studies.
- Interview 1: Introduction + Portfolio Review We will meet for a 40 minute video call to get to know you, and answer any questions you might have. We will dedicate 20 minutes to dive into your most relevant portfolio pieces and recent experiences.
- Interview 2: Your Work at Smart Nora We will dive deeper into the work you will be doing at Smart Nora. Make sure you fully understand how you will be an effective member of the team and how your contributions will fit into our mission at Smart Nora. We will discuss real examples of your upcoming projects to get a real sense of how you would approach and implement them.