Content Producer, Byrdie
- Contract / Freelance United States
About the Role:
If you have innate organizational skills and attention to detail, as well as a deep love of beauty products, then you might be the person we are looking for to work at Byrdie Beauty as a content producer. This remote, contract role pays $25 an hour and requires a maximum commitment of 25-30 hours a week.
This digitally-savvy content enthusiast will have a strong visual eye, a passion for the beauty space, and a deep familiarity with content management systems. Day to day, the successful candidate will be responsible for building out stories submitted by freelancers in our proprietary CMS and checking that it is free of errors before publishing.
About Your Contributions:
- Build out several stories daily in Byrdie’s CMS
- Acutely follow corresponding content templates to structure each story
- Edit content for spelling, clarity, and punctuation
- Work with in-house editors to meet deadlines and quotas, as well as identify fixes that need to be addressed in stories
- 1-2 years of experience working in beauty editorial
- Strong background of working within content management systems and producing stories
- First-rate editing experience
- Strong understanding of the Byrdie aesthetic and voice
- Process and detail-oriented; deadline-focused
- Hyper organized and comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Solid understanding of what makes a good headline in terms of SEO and enticing readers
Dotdash’s vibrant brands help over 100 million users each month find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. Dotdash is among the largest and fastest growing publishers online, and has won over 50 awards in the last year alone, including Digiday’s 2020 Publisher of the Year. Dotdash brands include Verywell, Investopedia, The Balance, The Spruce, Simply Recipes, Serious Eats, Byrdie, Brides, MyDomaine, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Liquor.com, and TreeHugger.
Please be aware of fraudulent recruiters offering opportunities at Dotdash. Note that any correspondence with a member of the Dotdash recruiting team will come from a @dotdash.com or a firstname.lastname@example.org account belonging to a Dotdash Recruiter. If you are in conversations for a job opportunity and wish to confirm its validity, please reach out directly to email@example.com.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.