Content Production Lead
- Neil Patel Digital – San Diego, CA, Chicago, IL OR Remote US
About Neil Patel Digital
Neil Patel has been recognized by the Wall Street Journal, Forbes, and the United Nations, to name a few, as one of the most influential and successful marketers and entrepreneurs in the world. NP Digital is the agency that brings his passion and insights to life for the world’s more important brands.
NP Digital focuses on creating innovative, adaptive, and data-driven digital marketing plans for our clients. Obsessed with helping companies grow and exceed their goals, NP Digital delivers on the mission of continually helping brands connect and engage with their audience.
NP Digital combines proprietary platforms with best in class talent to deliver leading edge experiences centered around: paid and organic search, social, content, retargeting, performance display, feed management and conversion rate optimization.
About the Opportunity:
Are you a results-driven, quick-on-your feet digital marketer who loves brainstorming creative content ideas just as much as you enjoy organizing content calendars in order to ensure that each deadline is hit on time and above-expectation?
The Content Marketing Lead is a key role within our content department that supports our Content Managers in the day to day production of SEO blogs for our clients. This person is the glue that holds us together and the fuel the keeps our engine running. From editing and content calendar management to brainstorming and data analysis, the CMS needs to be equal parts organized, analytical and creative.
Reporting to the Manager, Content Production, the Content Production Lead will help lead important areas of client content operations on 5-7 enterprise-level accounts.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Staging blog posts in content management systems, including inputting relevant images for Content Manager review according to the content calendar.
- Editing long-form blog posts on website copy for SEO best practices and against client content briefs for style, tone, voice, etc.
- Communicate with a remote team of writers/editors on editing and submission deadlines with little to no oversight from Manager, Content
- Lead competitor research for clients during onboarding, ensuring that content briefs are completed and formatted for the entire accounts team.
- Lead content brainstorming/writing pitches, finding content gaps and opportunities to rank in featured SERP boxes, etc.
- Lead editorial calendar creation/management — (e.g. once we have the topics approved, slate everything in and double check project timeline dates are correct).
- Assist with creating monthly content reports for client campaigns, using tools such as Google Analytics, Buzzsumo, AHREFs, and more.
- Bring new ideas to the table about how to improve our internal production process.
- Collaborate with SEO Strategist and Client Services on strategic campaign shifts/initiatives with little oversight from Manager, Content.
- Lead Content Production Pod of Specialists/Associates/Interns for coaching, QA, development
- Assist with research, planning and pitching of publishers for backlinks & promotional efforts when new content is created.
Required Skills and Expertise:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or relevant field.
- 3-5 years’ experience with leading marketing/content campaigns in the digital marketing and(or) technology industry in a high-paced, rapid growth environment (agency experience preferred)
- Experience with WordPress and other blog formats such as Django and Shopify, understanding how to upload, edit and schedule blog posts.
- 1-2 years of editing experience, including the ability to self edit. A keen eye for detail when it comes to AP style editing, as well as the ability to edit for style and tone according to different client content briefs.
- Ability to easily delegate parts of content production to Content Specialists and Interns
- Keen understanding of project management, and ability to time manage and prioritize day-to-day work in an effective manner.
- A strong foundation of SEO best practices, and an ability to demonstrate how your efforts have contributed to increase SEO value from a content perspective.
- Excellent organization skills and ability to hit multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to take a results-driven approach to content creation, and not afraid to take chances/suggest new tactics
- Desire to work in fast paced, high growth, startup environment.
- Deeply understand client personas and develop content strategies to move the needle.
- Experience using SEO tools such as Ahrefs, SEMRush, BuzzSumo, UberSuggest, Brightedge and more in ideation of content.
We value our best-in-class company culture, which is results-driven, innovative, fast-paced and fun. We encourage our employees to work with an entrepreneurial spirit while applying a businesslike approach. We provide comprehensive benefits including medical (100% coverage for employees and 50% for dependents on base HMO plan) and 100% coverage for employee-only dental. Other benefits offered include flexible paid time off, vision, FSA, life insurance, company paid parking and/or commuter program (depending on location), and a 401k program with employer match and immediate vesting. As an organization, we take a proactive role in investing in our employee’s professional development. We believe our employees are our greatest asset and welcome those who share our vision and drive to build great things together.