National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Responsible for answering high volume inbound calls and providing effective quality customer service in regards to property damage claims. Support borrowers and contractors by providing detailed information on how to progress a claim file, de-escalate calls and process complaints and handle disbursement of claim funds.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Deliver timely, accurate customer service ensuring the highest level of satisfaction
- Handle inbound telephone calls from borrowers, contractors and/or insurance adjusters in regards to property damage claims in order to resolve customer inquiries
- Build customer service knowledge by taking initiative for learning additional processes, queues and client specific procedures to support customer in secondary areas and provide comprehensive, well informed responses to inquiries
- Work on Claim Packets when phone lines are slow
- Update records and note system as required
- Able to meet and maintain availability standards, schedule adherence and attendance guidelines
- Ability to work in fast paced environment
- Flexibility in work hours and in changing environments
- May assist answering questions in the help desk
- May cross train to assist with borrower follow ups
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Sound analytical skills
- Solid work quality, accuracy and proficiency
- Bilingual skills, both written and verbal, highly desirable
- Mortgage Lending Call Center specific experience
- 1+ years of experience in a Call Center
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.