Title: Customer Experience Specialist
- Location: Remote
Technical interviews are broken. Come help Karat fix them.
- For software engineering job candidates, technical interview experiences can range from haphazard to outright hazing.
- At Karat, it’s our mission to break down the gatekeeping and barriers that push people out of careers in tech by making every interview predictive, fair, and enjoyable.
- Karat conducts first-round technical interviews on behalf of companies like Indeed, Intuit, Pinterest, and Wayfair.
- We do this through a community of Interview Engineers who are equipped with Karat’s interviewing infrastructure, battle-tested questions, and data-informed best practices.
- The result is highly predictive and fair interviews at scale that candidates truly enjoy.
- Karat has amassed the largest, most robust dataset of structured interview intelligence to produce never-before-seen hiring analytics.
- As the world continues to transition to virtual work, and the fairness of hiring practices in the tech industry come under greater scrutiny, Karat is uniquely positioned to be a helpful, strategic partner as companies transition to 100% remote hiring.
- Founded in 2014, Karat is a privately held and venture-funded company based in Seattle.
Customer Experience Specialist at Karat
- Providing front-line support to candidates, Interview Engineers, clients and the internal organization.
- The Customer Experience Specialist works at the heart of Karat’s product and operations. You’ll play a crucial role in defining the Karat user experience.
- You’ll be on the front lines in interacting with candidates and Interview Engineers, representing the Karat brand, as well as the brands of our clients.
- In addition, you will play an important role in helping to refine our core interviewing product based on your interactions with candidates and Interview Engineer.
This will be a fully remote, part time role at 30 hours per week.
- Providing real-time support to candidates and Interview Engineers during live interviews.
- Working with our network of Interview Engineers and Quality Control Engineers to accurately portray candidates’ interview results.
- Ensuring candidates’ questions and concerns are responded to in a timely fashion, and that communication reflects the Karat brand and values.
- Continuously driving improvements in the overall customer experience.
- Have superb English communication skills.
- Are able to be productive while working remotely.
- Have great writing skills — you’ll be editing a lot of content.
- Have the desire to learn quickly in a fast-paced, startup environment.
- Can communicate and collaborate well with others: you’ll need to empathize appropriately with distinct audiences (developers, candidates, clients, etc).
- Like dynamic environments where constant innovation is required. We are always trying to improve and we’ll look to you to keep an eye out for areas of improvement after you are familiar with our systems.
- Can manage your time well and are reliable — always showing up is half the battle!
- Are open to a flexible schedule, and willing to help out as our interview volume fluctuates.
- Knowledge of computer science and ability to code is a plus, but not a requirement.
Statement of Non-Discrimination:
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on protected categories, we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Karat.
We value a diverse workforce: people of color, womxn, and LGBTQIA+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.