AIG is currently hiring and has the ability to complete virtual interviews and training. These positions are remote, work from home, at this time and will lead to working in the Amarillo, TX office in the future.
Who we are
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Building on 100 years of experience, AIG member companies provide a wide range of property & casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement solutions, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions. These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks, and provide for retirement security.
As a Customer Service Professional, you will have the opportunity to provide excellent customer service with first call resolution and product knowledge. This position requires the ability and desire to provide service over the phone 100% of the time. We provide you the training you need to be successful in your role. After completing an intensive training course, you will be ready to help our clients and make a difference in their lives.
Get to know the business
AIG, one of the largest insurance organizations in the world, has career opportunities in the Life & Retirement Business. With over 900 employees and growing, AIG is one of the top employers in Amarillo. If you are looking for a career opportunity where you can learn a business that helps customers secure their financial future, then we look forward to hearing from you!
About the role
As a contributor at AIG you are the one the clients turn to in times of need. You act with speed, composure, compassion, and knowledge to solve problems and the work you do every day is the heart of AIG’s business. We want to hear from you today if you can:
- Generate energy, excitement, and passion around AIG products! You are aware and have a deep understanding that AIG provides a customer service experience to our customers that is industry leading. You will be the first point of contact for our customers and respond to case inquires related to status, selected data changes, required forms information, documenting all inquiries, and any necessary corresponding actions.
- Provide loyalty-building service to customers by answering a high volume of incoming calls with a high degree of accuracy and speed, while consistently meeting key department performance metrics. We need quick and effective problem solvers who can execute on action items effectively to deliver impactful solutions.
- Effectively communicate policy information and company procedures to all customers.
- Manage and troubleshoot complex customer service issues involving cross functional partners while using advanced technical skills.
- Set up your own home office and work remotely (until our office re-opens) with minimal frustration and supervision. Tools and equipment are provided. Your self-motivation, dependability, and responsibility is expected.
What we are looking for
- Customer Service Professionals that are action oriented, high energy, personable, empathetic, and have a genuine desire to help our customers.
- Proven customer service experience with call center experience preferred.
- Advanced interpersonal skills. Proven ability to interact successfully with internal/external customers.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- We need advanced computer knowledge. Proficient with MS Office and strong professional typing skills required.
- Ability to learn new software applications, open to experimentation with digital tools, and researching with an analytical and curious mind will be our A+ digital savvy candidate.
- Ability to work successfully in a structured fast paced team environment which means your day will go by fast. You must be able to manage multiple tasks at one time.
- Perform all financial and non-financial transactions necessary to satisfy requests using multiple computer systems and productivity tools.
- Availability to work different shifts (Your shift is determined by business need). Hours of operation are Monday-Friday, 7am-8pm.
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution required/some college preferred.
What our employees like most about working for AIG:
- You are participating in a noble cause and helping people retire with dignity.
- We care about your professional development. Our career progression program will provide you with the opportunity to develop your skills, strengthen your productivity and be eligible to progressively advance to positions with an increased responsibility and increased compensation.
- Our people are our most important asset therefore we provide a generous benefits plan and competitive pay. Benefit package includes:
- Paid Time Off (AIG recognizes the importance of work life balance). We offer 24 PTO days to start. YES, 24! 9 paid holidays per calendar year.
- A 401(k) Retirement Plan which will be HARD TO BEAT. Our 401K – $1 for $1 match up to 6% with immediate vesting, plus AIG automatically contributes an additional 3% into your 401K regardless of if you enroll or not.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.