Ally and Your Career
Ally Financial only succeeds when its people do – and that’s more than some cliche people put on job postings. We live this stuff! We see our people as, well, people – with interests, families, friends, dreams and causes that are all important to them. Our focus is on the health and safety of our teammates as well as work-life balance and diversity and inclusion. From generous benefits to a variety of employee resource groups, we strive to build paths that encourage employees to stretch themselves professionally. We want to help you grow, develop, and learn new things. You’re constantly evolving, so shouldn’t your opportunities be, too?
If you are calm, cool and collected (no pun intended) no matter what and enjoy leading a successful team, then this is the right opportunity for you! You will coach and lead your team to help our customers, while working in a fun team environment. You’ll go home feeling like you made a difference and watch your team grow, develop and succeed. As a Team Lead, you’ll spend your day assisting and guiding your team, speaking with customers over the phone, getting the facts about the reasons for delinquency, helping customers find solutions to bring their account current and negotiating payment resolutions. Every day is an opportunity for you to help your team members better serve our customers and resolve their payment issues. With three Collections Centers in the U.S., the Collections team is responsible for collecting on past due auto accounts.
The Work Itself
- Be among collectors providing coaching, 1:1 reviews, and guidance regarding the product collectors produce (phone conversations with customers to collect total amount due, resolve other account related issues, and skip trace to find customers / vehicles).
- Assign work to collectors, and assist collectors as needed in resolving delinquent account issues.
- Exceed objectives provided periodically by Collections leadership.
- Train and develop analysts, collectors and newer supervisors through 1:1 coaching, phone monitoring and audits
- Work evenings and weekends when required Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
The Skills You Bring
- HS diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate / Bachelor’s degree in business related discipline preferred.
- 3 + years in customer service or financial services industry is needed.
- Prior leadership experience is needed.
- Education may be used as a proxy for experience
- Ability to multitask; familiar with company policies – procedures
- Attention to detail
- Ability to effectively coach and develop.
- Professional phone etiquette.
- Extensive skip tracing knowledge and skill.
- Conflict resolution skills
- Negotiation skills
- Industry knowledge
- Change – time management skills
- Process improvement skills
- Proficiency in managing a department
- Product knowledge
- Oral – written communication
- Familiar with company policies – procedures
- Decision Making Ability
- Ability to develop employees, strong leadership skills and excellent overall team performance.
How We’ll Have Your Back
Ally’s compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and pay-for-performance incentives (bonuses) based on achieving personal and company goals. But Ally’s total compensation — or total rewards — extends beyond your paycheck and is designed to support and enrich your personal and professional life, including:
- Time Away: competitive holiday and flexible paid-time-off, including time off for volunteering and voting.
- Planning for the Future: plan for the near and long term with an industry-leading 401K retirement savings plan with matching and company contributions, student loan and 529 educational assistance programs, tuition reimbursement, and other financial well-being programs.
- Supporting your Health & Well-being: flexible health and insurance options including dental and vision, pre-tax Health Savings Account with employer contributions and a total well-being program that helps you and your family stay on track physically, socially, emotionally and financially.
- Building a Family: adoption, surrogacy, and fertility support as well as parental and caregiver leave, back-up child and adult/elder day care program and child care discounts.
- Work-Life Integration: other benefits including LifeMatters® Employee Assistance Program, subsidized and discounted Weight Watchers® program and other employee discount programs.
Who We Are
Ally Financial is a customer-centric, leading digital financial services company with passionate customer service and innovative financial solutions. We are relentlessly focused on “Doing it Right” and being a trusted financial-services provider to our consumer, commercial, and corporate customers. For more information, visit www.ally.com.
Ally is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical or mental disabilities. For accommodation requests, email us at email@example.com. Ally will not discriminate against any qualified individual who is capable of performing the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.