Title: Director, Platform Product Management
- Location: US-Remote
What We’re Looking For:
A Platform Product Manager partners with business product managers and operating unit stakeholders in the design, development and implementation of digital solutions to drive revenue, product innovation and efficiencies in our business.
The PPM will prioritize the work of a component or set of components that are used by multiple end-user products and tools used by internal staff (media buyers, marketing, admissions) This role supports three main types of customers 1) End users who are using the service that you build. The end user could be Trilogy employees, instructors or students. 2) Trilogy product managers who are trying to hit a goal with their particular product line and who need features from your team. 3) Developers who are building on top of the service and will present a set of requirements, including working with their favorite frameworks and tools.
Platform PM’s are in charge of creating functionality, APIs and Services that span multiple product lines. These PM’s need to understand the large strategic vision well enough to make short and long-term trade-offs across different products. While our outward, Trilogy Product Managers are growing the user base, financial metrics and usage, the Platform PM loves making others successful and sometimes has the lead from behind quality exuding enthusiasm when others hit their numbers.
This is a fully remote position, but to encourage team connectedness (e.g. ease with getting to team off-sites etc.) we prefer to hire individuals within 50 miles of one of our office locations.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Define and drive platform strategy and roadmap. Partner with the business product managers to develop a vision, strategy and prioritized feature backlog for digital product(s)/platform. Ensure cohesion across all product lines on their platform. Evangelize long-term strategy to the development teams, the product and business teams and the broader organization.
- Draft project charters, requirements, Agile epics and stories, with prioritized features and specifications, while incorporating inputs from all stakeholders. Ensure release goals and commitments are understood by all affected teams.
- They will own execution of the Platform roadmap and collaborate with a cross-functional team of product managers, software engineers, and business operations to ensure we deliver on the business’ goals.
- Be the conscience of the Platform, continuously looking at the services from an end-user’s perspective; driving the complete experience, to best outcome possible for the end-user. Ensure the customer experience is represented as a top priority throughout all stages of development.
- Partner with Program Managers and Engineering Leadership to ensure a manageable scope that can be delivered on-time, on-budget, on-quality. Oversee the care and feeding of the platform, ensure all aspects of the platform receive attention, including technical debt and infrastructure as well as new features.
- They will work with their teams to maintain and prioritize the backlog for a Platform service or set of services.
- They lead the implementation of new features from ideation to release.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Have a working knowledge of marketing technologies like SA360, CRM technologies like Salesforce and contact center technologies.
- The Platform Product Manager will need strong project management skills to handle the complex dependency management and diverse stakeholders to deliver projects on time and on strategy.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break from Christmas through New Years!