Short-Term Editor Consultant – New Partnerships Initiative Incubator
- United States
- Position: Short-Term Editor Consultant
- Anticipated Start Date: March 2021
- Location: Virtual
- Project: New Partnerships Initiative Incubator (Partnerships Incubator)
- Contract Duration: March 2021 – May 2021
The Kaizen Company is an incubator for innovative, scalable solutions that address emerging market challenges and opportunities. Our proven solutions catalyze locally-driven, organizational, and institutional performance improvements, and shift the development model into one that is bottom-up and ongoing. We leverage existing knowledge along with new technologies and innovative business models to support local reform that is sustained through market forces.
The Kaizen Company is seeking to hire up to two Editor Consultant positions for the USAID-funded Partnerships Incubator.
The assignment is expected to start in March 2021 and is estimated to take no more than 100 hours of effort over three months, with the opportunity to extend the contract based on performance and need.
The Kaizen Company’s Partnerships Incubator is assisting the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) in applying innovation to how it attracts and works with partners from around the world. The Incubator identifies and engages new and local partners, provides training and capacity-building assistance to USAID-identified partners, and creates tools and services to diversity USAID’s partner base. The Incubator will launch WorkwithUSAID.org, a resource hub to engage potential partners and guide them through the process of working with USAID. The site will feature a Partner Directory where partners can showcase their impact and connect with other organizations around the globe.
The Editor will work closely with the Incubator External Partnerships Specialist and other team members to ensure high-quality Partner Directory profiles. The Editor will be responsible for proofreading, reviewing, and editing submissions to the Partner Directory. The Editor will ensure that the submissions are error-free, consistent, and accurate. The position is 100 hours/person and will be based on the volume of submissions.
Main roles and responsibilities include:
- Proofread partner profiles for spelling, grammar, punctuation, syntax, usage, and consistency.
- Use the Partner Directory Style Guide as a reference and ensure the criteria for the quality assurance process is met.
- Ensure the accuracy of the content.
- Review content and deliverables; experience with USAID communications and deliverables is a plus.
- Suggest process improvements through his/her/their daily exposure to editing and proofing procedures.
- Support any additional editing/writing tasks as needed.
- Meet tight deadlines and manage multiple projects at any given time.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications, or a related field and eight years of relevant experience in writing and editing, or Master’s degree and six years of relevant experience.
- At least three years of consulting experience and leading implementation of project tasks preferred.
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English.
- Familiarity with Chicago Style.
- Proficient in Google Suites.
- Detail-oriented, quick reader, and multi-tasker.
- Interest in technology and previous use of platforms to support editorial review is a plus.
At The Kaizen Company, we find strength in our diversity. We are committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive working environment in which everyone has an equal opportunity to fulfill their potential. We know that we can only do development differently if we are open to and inclusive of new and unique perspectives. We encourage candidates of all abilities, ages, gender identities and expressions, national origins, races and ethnicities, religious beliefs, and sexual orientations to apply. Further, we urge parents and non-parents, married and unmarried, those from different or non-traditional educational backgrounds, and persons of all other diverse identities or experiences to apply. The Kaizen Company is an equal opportunity employer.