- EXECUTIVE & MANAGEMENT – EXECUTIVE TEAM
- THE JOURNEY TO YOUR DREAM JOB COULD BE JUST A CLICK AWAY…
In 2012, Tuft & Needle (tn.com) revolutionized the mattress space by turning the focus to the customer with always-honest pricing, an insistence on high-quality products, and world-class customer experience. We started our journey with two software engineers and a dream and today we have grown to a team of more than 175 talented people, working each day to bring the world premium sleep products at an honest cost.
Together, we are radically reshaping how we think about sleep, mattresses, and shopping – and we’re just getting started. Want to join us?
At Tuft & Needle, our leadership team is critical to the success of our company. They have busy schedules and can use help in directing their focus. They are responsible for not just leading our company, but also being evangelists and story-tellers of the brand.
The role of the Executive Assistant encompasses some of the obvious responsibilities such as organizing schedules, helping communicate with advisors, SSB counterparts and partners, booking travel, creating and organizing documents, managing invoicing and expenses, and planning occasional lunches when requested is all part of the job. Beyond that, the role is so much more. A successful candidate will become an extension of the leadership team
- The role requires a large amount of autonomy and someone who has sound judgment. Furthermore, the individual should be a strong listener and highly empathetic. They should have the confidence to challenge those they support and be a sounding board for their difficult decisions.
- The ultimate goal of the executive assistant is to increase the effectiveness of the leadership team every day, and to maximize the time they spend on the most impactful activities for the business and the team
- Book travel, organize schedules, keep the leadership team moving from meeting to meeting, help prioritize their inboxes, communicate on their behalf with other EAs, the T&N and SSB teams, and anything else they might need.
- Teach a monthly new hire course covering administrative tips and tricks.
- Become an extension of your business
- Develop sound understanding of the business and team to properly prioritize their most important requests.
- Respond to inbound emails on behalf of the leadership team when requested.
- Be a sounding board for important decision making and track down team members to bring into important conversations on a moment’s notice.
- Be gate keepers of the leadership team’s time so they are not distracted or bogged down by small details or requests.
- Ensure the leadership team has a proper work life balance that includes breaks and work blocks so they are recharged and effective in their jobs.
- Acknowledge all incoming requests and give a timeframe of completion.
- Create a friendly and approachable online presence both internally and externally.
- 3 years’ minimum C-suite experience
- Expert knowledge of Outlook, Gmail, Slack, G-suite applications, Deck creation, and Office Applications
- Highly empatheticAutonomousStrong confidence in decision-making abilities
- Extremely high level of integrity
- Organized with keen focus on the details
- Calm in the face of chaos and stress
- A strong sense of confidence to challenge others when needed
Tuft & Needle is a Phoenix-based startup founded in 2012 that is redefining the mattress industry. We design a simple, universally comfortable mattress that is the #1 rated furniture product on Amazon. Tuft & Needle is joining the vertical e-commerce revolution with the likes of Bonobos and Warby Parker by selling high quality mattresses directly to consumers over the internet.
Made in the USA, our mattress ships right to your door in a surprisingly small box. No gimmicks, no sales tactics, 100 night trial and easy returns. Tuft & Needle was featured in Fortune, Fox Business and Dwell Magazine to name a few. Tuft & Needle is growing quickly with many opportunities. We’ve only begun to scratch the surface of what’s possible.
YOU’LL SLEEP WELL WHEN YOU WORK WITH US
Our people You’ll work with some of the most talented, supportive, and savvy individuals out there. We’re very proud to work with each other. We’re shaking up the mattress industry and delivering an experience for clients they would never expect. And we’re proud of that too!
Our product Each team member receives a great bundle of products for themselves. You will too if you join the team! Your friends and family will also have access to a great product discount.
Our benefits We offer comprehensive health benefits for you, eligible partners and dependents. We have paid maternity & paternity leave, 401k with a match, a generous vacation plan, and so much more.
Tuft & Needle is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. Your experience is important to us. If you have any questions with your application, please contact our Candidate Experience Team at firstname.lastname@example.org