Being part of WebDevStudios means more than just having a job. We strive to foster passion, creativity, innovation, and pride in what we accomplish every day. We look to our employees to show us where they really shine and put each individual’s skills and interests at the forefront of our projects.
We could not accomplish what we do daily without our employees and the wonderful jobs they perform. They are our most valuable resource. We recognize that when you love what you do, your best self-shines through.
Do you enjoy working with the server-side principles of web applications and WordPress themes? Are you enthusiastic to push the web forward, and better yourself? Are you passionate about mentoring and serving your teammates? Join and let’s work together to solve some of the most interesting and challenging engineering problems in the WordPress space through our partnerships with our amazing clients.
As a Lead Engineer, you will be responsible for leading the effort to define and develop the technical vision of projects for your team. You will also be ensuring the code being delivered, is of substantial quality. In practice, this means mentoring your team, reviewing code, coordinating releases, working with Project Managers and stakeholders to keep an eye on milestones and budgets. You will need excellent verbal and written communication skills — while adhering to our values, Agile methodologies, coding best practices, and established organizational processes.
This is a full-stack engineering role, and modern frontend experience is often needed alongside traditional PHP backend expertise.
Qualities that matter to our team:
- A positive attitude, a good work ethic, and enjoy helping others.
- Be a supportive team member and leader.
- Be candid and respectful.
- Not afraid to ask for help, teachable, a quick study, and have the ability to be flexible when “stuff happens.”
- Understand deadlines and can complete a variety of tasks throughout the week.
- Willing to participate in company-paid training courses to further their skills.
- Excited about contributing back to open-source technologies.
- Comfortable communicating via Slack and participating in video calls with their team while working remotely.
- Define and deliver solutions for prioritized deliverables.
- Lead, mentor, and support other Engineers.
- Ensure project teams meet documented deadlines, budgets, and complete tasks in accordance to project milestones.
- Enforce coding best practices and testing requirements.
- Communicate the status of your work to Project Managers and participate in a project team and department calls.
- Take responsibility for the engineering success of your project(s).
- Be available during normal business hours.
- Able to work remotely, with a strong emphasis on communication and organizational skills.
- You have 2+ years of professional experience as a Lead Engineer, Technical Lead, or Team Lead.
- You have a good working knowledge with: build-tools like Gulp, WebPack, Docker, package management tools like NPM and Composer, Git, and CSS preprocessors like SASS.
- You have experience developing responsive interfaces and debugging for a wide range of browsers and devices.
- You have a strong comprehension of PHP and object-oriented programming (OOP) practices.
- You have experience setting up code deployments and build/test environments.
- You are familiar with Agile SCRUM and Waterfall project methodologies.
- You can follow, and help enforce, coding best practices.
- You possess the ability to work effectively and dependably in remote environments.
- You possess the confidence to effectively present well-reasoned options to decision-makers.