OCHIN is dedicated to creating a healthier future in every community. Our Health IT solutions improve the integration and delivery of health care services across a wide variety of practices—with an emphasis on safety net clinics and small practices.
Here at OCHIN, our goal is simple: to provide solutions that promote access to quality, affordable health care for all. OCHIN believes that each individual, no matter their background or zip code, should have fair opportunity to achieve their full health potential. Our work addresses differences in health that are systemic, avoidable, and unjust. This mission sets us apart from other health technology organizations.
Over the last 20 years, we’ve grown from a small start-up to one of the nation’s largest and most successful Health Information Networks. We are curious, collaborative learners who strive to live our values everyday: leadership, collaboration, excellence, innovation, inclusion and stewardship. At OCHIN we partner, learn, innovate, and advocate in order to close the gap in health for individuals and communities negatively impacted by structural, unconscious, or overt inequities.
The Operations Improvement Manager is responsible for supporting the strategic direction and performance improvement initiatives of the organization. Works cross-functionally with subject matter experts and leadership to optimize operational processes and policies and identify processes/areas that will enable the achievement of the organization’s performance improvement goals. Supports the VP, Operations in executing strategic objectives and internal improvements through direct oversight and coordination of internal department leads and escalating barriers back to the VP to ensure timely execution, delivery of intended outcomes, and tracking success of implementation.
- Successful execution of project plan with proven results for improvement following the project phase of the planned changes through identification of and tracking of clear metrics which drive our strategic goals
- Proactively identifying opportunities for improvement within Operations and based on member feedback and evolving needs
- Ensures the day-to-day operations are completed in an efficient manner and in accordance with organizational policies and values
- Demonstrates problem-solving, critical thinking, and prioritization of work and resolves issues as they arise in an appropriate and timely manner
- Develops and executes on short- and long-term goals for the department consistent with established organization goals and objectives
- Develop and maintain quality and improvement activities within operations and recommend/implement changes as appropriate
- Work cross departmentally to collaborate on solutions and recommendations
- Work with external partners and leadership to identify needs
- Assess outcomes and obtain feedback for ongoing improvements and lessons learned
- Provide leadership internally on QI-related health information technology initiatives and assess opportunities versus existing gaps
- Guide and support efforts to improve quality and validity of data, the capacity and functionality of supporting IT systems, and to incorporate technology and the effective use of data into daily operations
- Performs data analysis and develop formulas/approaches to assess performance; summarize findings, interpret and communicate results and propose recommendations.
- Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Administration, Business or related field required, and equivalent experience, MBA or MPA preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in operations leadership, program management, or managerial role in a healthcare delivery system or Healthcare Information Technology company.
- 8 years of applicable experience desired.
- Experience creating and utilizing evaluation frameworks for decision making desired
- Experience working with Epic creating evaluation framework for software selection desired
- Demonstrated track record of having delivered tangible results
- Ability to effectively communicate persuasively across the organization
- Hands on attitude to get things done with the ability to manage change to a successful conclusion
- Have an adaptable and decisive approach to problem-solving requiring minimal supervision
- Can work independently and be able to be highly productive and self-directed
- Prior project management experience and PMP certification preferred.
- Preferred experience with healthcare quality improvement methodologies.
- Proven track record of effective business analysis, critical thinking, and effective outcomes for improvement
- Desired Certifications include: Six Sigma, PMP, Epic application certifications including but not limited to EpicCare, Prelude, Cadence and/or Resolute
Work Location and Travel Requirements
- This position is 100% remote. Work from home requirements are:
- Ability to work independently and efficiently from a home office environment
- High Speed Internet Service
- It is a requirement that employees work in a distraction free workplace
- Travel may be required based on business requirement for OCHIN Go-Live events, 1-2 trips per year
We offer a comprehensive range of benefits. See our website for details: https://ochin.org/employment-openings
Equal Opportunity Statement
OCHIN is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills for the benefit of our staff, our mission, and the communities we serve.
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, OCHIN, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, marital or civil union status, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other protected characteristics. All aspects of employment are based on merit, performance, and business needs.