- LEGAL & COMPLIANCE
- FULL TIME
At Truepill, we are building the future of healthcare. Through our digital health platform, we empower our partners to deliver world-class patient experiences. With nearly five million prescriptions shipped, we’ve been included on Forbes’ “Next Billion-Dollar Startup” list and are proud to work with many of the world’s largest healthcare organizations. We never settle for how it’s done today. We invent how it will be done tomorrow.
None of this is possible without the right team driving us forward. We are committed to creating an environment focused on racial and gender equality, inclusion, empowerment and respect. We believe that when our teams feel supported and inspired, they turn that creativity into innovation. The type of innovation that benefits all of our people, our partners and our patients.
We encourage our team members to expand their horizons and bring their passion and curiosity to work, every day. Come join us. Let’s build something great together.
The legal department paralegal will own entity management and contract organization for Truepill and its subsidiaries and affiliates. They will further assist the AGC in entity formation, insurance management, and contract review, and will coordinate interdepartmental activities with the finance, business, and compliance departments. When needed, the paralegal will assist the AGC and GC with all-hands closings for fundraising and other M&A activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing all company entities for Truepill, Inc. and its subsidiaries. Responsibilities include:
- Promptly completing and submitting statutory filings with Secretaries of State, including annual statements of information, amendments, conversions, mergers, and dissolutions
- Obtaining necessary Fictitious Business Name Statements with the appropriate government entities
- Preparing and filing new company business licenses
- Monitoring and renewing company licenses currently in place
- Coordinating response to alleged compliance infractions
- Supporting the AGC in the:
- Formation of new entities, including corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships, in all states and corporate structure of same
- Drafting and revision of organizational documents, including articles or certificates of incorporation, amendment and dissolution, operating agreements, and written consents
- Acting as a liaison with internal departments, subsidiaries, and third-party administrators to enhance understanding of compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Coordinating with the finance department on handoff and completion of:
- EIN form SS-4 completion and filing
- Financial/payroll components of WC policy audits and applications
- Sales tax, local tax, and other financial components of entity management
- Coordinating with the compliance team on handoff and completion of:
- All pharmacy and medical licensure and permitting
- PBM Audits
- Contracts Administration:
- Own organization of key contract terms for customers, vendors, etc… for finance and operational teams
- Review basic contracts (such as NDAs) with little oversight from legal
- Own filing and execution of contracts throughout the organization.
- Assist GC in closings. Responsibilities include:
- Participate in closings and post-closing activities, including: prepare initial draft of closing checklist, organize and maintain closing files, closing book index, written consents, approvals of transaction agreements, certificates and disclosure schedules
- order certified copies and good standing certificates; handle distribution and collection of signature pages, agreements, etc. and provide other general support
- Assistance with filling gaps within the legal department where needed
- Special projects as assigned
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Paralegal Certificate from ABA-approved paralegal program
- Minimum of 2-5 years of relevant experience as a corporate paralegal, in the areas of corporate governance, emerging growth companies and private company mergers and acquisitions. Understanding of various states’ incorporation rules, corporate filing guidelines and required documentation for corporate matters, including business formation, dissolution, and mergers and acquisitions
- Excellent planning and organization skills, including the ability to manage several projects concurrently and strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; positive and driven attitude
- Able to work well under pressure and maintain all deadlines, and be able to adapt to multiple, conflicting and/or shifting deadlines
- A proactive approach and the ability to work “hands-on,” as required
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively
- Comfortable interacting with attorneys, staff, clients and outside vendors
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Paralegal Certificate
- Solid technology skills and knowledge of key software systems, particularly MS Office Suite (Microsoft Excel and Adobe Acrobat Pro DC)
- Ability to learn new software and organizational systems, such as Airtable, contracting software, etc… as needed
Environmental Factors/Physical Demands:
Work is performed in an office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to have the ability to maintain active customer and employee communication; access, input and retrieve information from the computer system; enter alpha-numeric data into a computerized system often while listening on the telephone. May be subject to repetitive motion such as typing, data entry and vision to monitor. May be subject to bending, reaching, kneeling, stooping and lifting up to thirty (30) pounds
Truepill is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.