Investopedia is looking for a remote Quality Assurance editor to join our team. As a contract QA for Investopedia you will review the work of freelance editors, ensuring all articles meet quality standards, and follow project instructions and brand guidelines. You will also offer new and veteran editors feedback and revisions to improve the overall editing process. This is a remote position, but applicants must live within the United States and be able to commit at least 20 hours per week. The successful candidate must provide clips that demonstrate their expertise with relevant subject matter. This is contract role.
About Your Contributions:
- You will review and edit updated articles, ensuring that the editor’s update work follows the specific project instructions, Investopedia and Dotdash guidelines, and puts the reader first—all while meeting Dotdash’s standard for quality content.
- You will coach newly hired editors throughout their first few projects, providing them feedback on each article they update and notes for revisions, when necessary.
- You will spot check veteran editors work to ensure they still meet the Dotdash standards, and provide them with feedback.
- You have at least five years experience writing or editing in the business and finance sectors (ideally consumer-friendly, actionable articles).
- You possess extensive knowledge of most of the following: technical analysis, futures/commodities trading, forex trading, options strategies, fixed income strategies, portfolio diversification, dividend investing, value investing, and fundamental analysis.
- You’re able to easily adopt an established brand voice, and you adhere to strict brand and style guidelines like a pro.
- You’re a great editor, and consider yourself “nit-picky” at times. You know the difference between an en-dash and an em-dash.
- You’re comfortable working in a content management system and can work quickly, independently, and accurately.
- You are an excellent communicator, and are comfortable giving feedback, whether positive or negative, to a team member.
- Experience as a financial adviser, banker, mortgage broker, or similar profession a major plus.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree a plus.
- Relevant professional certifications (CFA, CPA, CMT) also a plus.
Dotdash brands help people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We reach over 90 million people each month, more than 35% of the U.S. online population, according to comScore, and are one of the largest content publishers on the Internet. Dotdash brands collectively have won more than 50 industry awards in the last year alone, and are among the fastest-growing in their categories. Our brands include Verywell, Investopedia, The Balance, The Spruce, Lifewire, Byrdie, MyDomaine, TripSavvy, Brides, Liquor.com, TreeHugger, Mother Nature Network, and ThoughtCo.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.