- US REMOTE /
- MANUFACTURING NETWORK /
Lumi helps ecommerce brands produce memorable and sustainable packaging through our online platform and worldwide network of factories. Tens of millions of packages are being shipped every year with Lumi products.
By joining Lumi you will have a front-row seat to the rapidly changing way people buy things, and the supply chain behind everything that gets shipped to your doorstep.
Secure competitive quotes for packaging products that help win deals
What you’ll do
- Organize and manage quote requests during the Lumi sales process
- Ensure timely turnaround and the accurate entry of information into our systems
- Utilize our Partner Network to identify manufacturers to quote with by matching a prospect’s specific packaging needs with a manufacturer’s capabilities
- Source new manufacturers if a capability is needed and does not exist within our Partner Network
- Analyze product specifications provided by prospects to identify areas of cost optimization or substitution
- Collaborate with prospects and cross functional team members to receive and refine specifications
- Negotiate with manufacturers to secure best prices
- Maintain relationships with our partners to ensure timely quoting turnaround
- Previous experience in packaging manufacturing or packaging sales
- Knowledge of packaging materials, material science, equipment, and manufacturing and printing processes
- Excellent negotiation skills with the ability to sell yourself and Lumi’s vision to manufacturing partners
- Work effectively in a fast-paced, scaling team
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
What we look for
Our team is made up of people from diverse backgrounds, often working remotely across the world. We believe cross-pollination is one of the best ways to foster community and new ideas. For that reason we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to any of our positions.
Creating a great environment for everyone on the team is something we care deeply about. There are a few qualities we look for in anyone joining Lumi. Here are some of the questions we’ll be asking ourselves when reviewing your application:
Curiosity: Your role will evolve as time goes on. Do you have an eagerness to learn new skills, adapt to new situations and get out of your comfort zone?
Communication: Whether it is in written or spoken form, are you able to communicate clearly and concisely with others?
Empathy: Do you collaborate well with others? How do you deal with disagreements? Do you relate to the challenges we seek to solve for our customers?
Work ethic: Do you have a can-do attitude? In the ever-moving world of logistics, will you do your best to not keep others waiting? Can we rely on you to bring rigor and enthusiasm necessary to your work?
Good taste: Are you attentive to details? Do you care about creating an elegant, pleasant experience for customers and those around you?
Note that due to the volume of applications we are not able to reply to everyone. Rest assured, we do read every application. Thanks for considering us!