Senior Counsel, Corporate (Remote)
Why join us
Brex is reimagining financial systems so every growing company can realize their full potential. As the financial OS, we’re building software and services in one placedisrupting long-entrenched institutions with products and experiences that better serve the ambitions of our customers.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
Legal and Compliance at Brex
The Legal team helps the company grow responsibility, advocating for Brex and for the thousands of growing businesses we serve. We provide strategic advice and guidance to all Brex teams, protect Brex, advise on risk, and represent the company externally, negotiating with partners and interacting with regulators. Reimagining the financial system in a highly regulated environment requires creativity and resourcefulness, and we welcome the challenge.
What you’ll do
You will be an integral member of the legal team and be able to provide sound and pragmatic legal advice on corporate, capital markets and commercial legal matters. You will have the opportunity to help lead the legal efforts for financial and commercial transactions for Brex, as well as participate in strategic corporate matters, collaborating with stakeholders to find creative solutions to business issues
- Partner with the Finance team to provide strategic legal advice and analysis on corporate finance matters and transactions
- Provide legal support to cross-functional teams on strategic corporate transactions, including, where necessary, supervising and coordinating with outside counsel, both domestic and international, on matters requiring specialized legal attention
- Partner closely with the business and product teams to provide legal support and coverage for all commercial contracts and negotiations
- Develop and support the continuous improvement of standardized commercialized agreements, legal processes and policies, and contract management, including procedures appropriately balancing efficiency and results, taking ownership of the process
- Exceptional judgment and integrity, ability to handle complex matters independently, and closely manage outside counsel
- 8+ years working experience in a combination of law firms and technology or fintech companies, experience in a startup is a plus
- Experience working on complex corporate finance and/or other strategic corporate transactions, including acting as a lead legal advisor
- Entrepreneurial mindset and ability to work across various modes of communication; you thrive in dynamic, fast-paced environments
- JD and admitted to practices in at least one jurisdiction