Sr. Data Scientist
- Job Category: Technology
- Requisition Number: SRDAT04264
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Location: Remote, USA
Edmentum is committed to making it easier for educators to individualize learning for every student through simple technology, high-quality content, actionable data, and customer success. Founded in innovation, Edmentum’s powerful learning solutions blend technology with individual teaching approaches. We are dedicated to being educators’ most trusted partner in creating successful student outcomes everywhere learning occurs. Our commitment is built off the emphasis we place on our core values: passion, people, respect, collaboration, and performance.
The Senior Data Scientist will utilize cutting-edge data science techniques to research, develop, implement, and evolve product features, customer analyses, operational efficiencies, and data-driven decision making across the enterprise.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Supporting data science projects to evolve products through deep exploratory analytics, machine learning and artificial intelligence.
- Lead end-to-end predictive and prescriptive analytics around customer behavior and intervention.
- Analyzing complex relationships in disparate data sources, identifying key prediction & analytical problems, devising solutions and building prototypes.
- Developing data visualizations and dashboards that are not only informative, but guide decisions with predictive features.
- Interacting with all organizations to understand key business questions and develop end-to-end analytic project plans.
- Applying deep critical and analytical thinking to identify non-obvious solutions and/or approaches to open business questions.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- BS in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, or related field (Master’s or Ph.D. preferred.)
- 2+ years of industry experience (not academic) in data science and advanced analytics.
- Experience supporting multiple parts of the data science project lifecycle: business understanding, data discovery/ingestion, feature engineering & EDA, modeling & evaluation, communication of results, implementation – end-to-end is preferred
- Strong communication skills. Soft skills are critical for this role.
- At least 2 years of experience with Python or R (both is preferred).
- At least 2 years of experience with SQL.
- 2+ years of experience with advanced statistical computing software.
- Ecommerce, retail, marketing or consulting experience preferred.
- Experience with cloud computing, such as AWS or Microsoft Azure.
- Experience with advanced machine learning techniques, such as deep learning, ensemble methods, network analyses, natural language processing, computer vision.
- Strong project management skills with a proven ability to deliver products on time and on budget.
- Lifelong learner.
- Familiarity and research interest in bleeding-edge data science, machine learning, artificial intelligence, and data architecture.
Edmentum is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.