Title: Senior Director, Product Management
- Location: San Francisco, CA or Remote (Based in the U.S.)
NerdWallet’s mission is to provide clarity for all of life’s financial decisions. The Senior Director of Marketplace and Personal Finance products works with all major functions General Management, Business Development, Engineering, Design, Content, and Marketing to lead the teams that manage our marketplace and personal finance offerings. This position will report into the VP of Product Management.
The Marketplace and Personal Finance Management products team is a best-in-class product group at NerdWallet that specializes in growing affiliate marketplace net revenue retention for Asset (savings, investing), Liability (loans, credit card) and Protection (insurance) marketplaces. This team also enables NerdWallet’s native app and web audiences to discover the insights they need to master their money. We are seeking a driven, business-minded, polished and experienced product management leader to grow and guide this team to excel.
The successful candidate will direct our strategy for empowering NerdWallet’s large audience to discover, compare and apply for the financial products that NerdWallet’s affiliate partners offer across all our personal finance offerings. They will partner closely with our business teams to ensure that the NerdWallet audience can easily evaluate and select the right financial product for their needs, and do so while maintaining the quality expected from our financial institution partners. This leader will also help expand the overall reach of NerdWallet’s marketplace offerings and brand into new areas of financial services in collaboration with our business and marketing teams.
Where you can make an impact:
This role will be measured primarily on the affiliate marketing product line’s revenue and net revenue retention as well as the underlying drivers of repeat, conversion and average revenue per visit. In addition, this role will be partnering with the platform product teams to accomplish a strategic product agenda that includes technical, design and capability transformation in key areas across our site and app.
- Experienced in the art & science of building experiences that attract and engage traffic to marketplace experiences. Experience with content-driven SEO web experiences, dual-sided marketplace strategy and tactics, ad tech capabilities, native app SaaS features and B2C2B products matters;
- Able to see the big picture of long-term strategy as well as getting into the weeds of coaching product managers through the product development lifecycle;
- A strong communicator and influencer; you enjoy working across a diverse team of colleagues and have the ability to get others excited about your initiatives; you are highly communicative with stakeholders and solve problems in a diplomatic, yet resolute, way;
- Comfortable with highly quantitative analysis; structures problems and hypotheses in a way that clearly illustrates drivers and outcomes;
- A manager who leads through teaching and ensures your bench is developed so that your team can quickly take on new opportunities without hesitation.
This is our ideal wishlist, but most people don’t check every box on every job description. If you meet most of the criteria below and you’re excited about the opportunity and willing to learn, we’d love to hear from you.
- Experienced leader. Assesses, builds, coaches and sustains teams to ensure their capacity to focus, accomplish desired results and function well; has managed managers
- 10+ years proven product management experience with digital web and native app products; expertise in Agile methodologies; bias toward B2C2B experience
- Demonstrated track record of delivering business outcomes and/or products that move the needle on company metrics
- Familiarity with dynamic content delivery concepts: ad tech systems, content delivery systems, logic-based lead routing capabilities
What we offer:
Work hard, stay balanced (Life’s a series of balancing acts, eh?)
- 100% paid premiums for medical, dental and vision for employees and their dependents
- Rejuvenation Policy Flexible Time Off + 12 holidays + Mental Health Days
- New Parent Leave for employees with a newborn child or a child placed with them for adoption or foster care
- Mental health support through Ginger.io
- Paid sabbatical for Nerds to recharge, gain knowledge and pursue their interests
- Health and Dependent Care FSA and HSA with monthly NerdWallet contribution
- Weekly Virtual Bootcamp, Yoga and Mindfulness Meditation sessions
- Monthly Wellness Stipend and Cell Phone Stipend
Have some fun! (Nerds are fun, too)
- Nerd-led group initiatives Intramural Sports, Employee Resource Groups for Parents, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, Womxn, LGBTQIA, and other communities
- Hackathons, Happy Hours and team bonding across all teams and departments
- Company-wide events like Little Nerds Day (aka bring your kids to work day, even if you’re remote!) and our annual Charity Auction
Lifestyle (Be your best self – we’ll take care of the details)
- Our Nerds love to make an impact by paying it forward Donate to your favorite causes with a company match
- Work from home equipment stipend and co-working space subsidy
- Commuting stipend and catered breakfast, lunch and onsite barista for SF based Nerds
- Anniversary recognition program choose from different items and experiences
Plan for your future (And when you retire on your island, remember the little people)
- 401K with company match
- Annual Enrichment Stipend for learning and development
- Be the first to test and benefit from our new financial products and tools
- Access to Rocket Lawyer for online legal support and resources
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.