Senior QA Analyst (Test Lead) (FULLY REMOTE)
- Req #762
Buying a home is the cornerstone of the American dream, yet the process can be complicated and confusing. That’s why Homepoint is on a mission to create financially healthy, happy homeowners.
Homepoint is a rising star in the mortgage industry with a culture that encourages community, caring, and open communication. We want our Associates to speak up, become innovators and make impactful changes – no matter what position they hold within the company. What makes our team special is our people-first operating philosophy, “We Care”.
Homepoint is the third-largest wholesale lender and the 12th largest correspondent lender in the U.S. We are headquartered in Ann Arbor, MI, and offer positions throughout the nation with over 2,500 Associates and 300,000 serviced customers.
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to grow and develop your career, then we have the perfect opportunity for you!
The Sr. Quality Assurance Analyst will be responsible for providing testing solutions, plans, script execution and overall QA leadership on a web portal scrum team. This position will interface with a variety of internal stakeholders and development vendor partners as well as with business end users.
- Determine appropriate test strategy and prepare test scenarios based on high level design and business requirements
- Develop and maintain functional automation scripts for UX and Rest API interfaces
- Define, execute and analyze results of all test execution
- Detect, communicate and track defects through the utilization of effective trend analysis
- Escalate risks and progress reporting to Scrum team and QA management
- Continuously assess and enhance overall testing effectiveness and efficiency
- Perform all other duties as requested or assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of software testing experience
- Minimum of intermediate level automation tool experience required
- Expert knowledge of test planning, test case development, execution, and reporting in a scrum environment
- Extensive experience testing .NET and AJAX Web based applications
- Advanced experience testing in Agile teams
- Experienced working remote and in geographically distributed teams
- Successful experience working with offshore teams
- Web services testing automation (Postman, SOAPUI, etc)
- Intermediate SQL query abilities
- DevOps/TFS/VSTS experience a plus
- UFT automation experience a plus
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask and effectively manage time
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external development partners
- Desire to take personal responsibility to complete tasks and solve problems
- Ability to perform tasks and complete projects with minimal supervision
We offer a competitive salary and bonus opportunity, together with an innovative and progressive approach to benefits. It is our goal to provide our associates an exciting, dynamic, desirable place to work. Our ambitious business plan and its success hinges on the ability to find great people and provide an environment that fully engages, retains and leverages the potential of top talent. As such, Homepoint provides development opportunities to all our associates, with a curriculum geared towards providing an informed view of multiple career paths. We have an owner-operator approach and when Homepoint succeeds, so do our associates.
Homepoint is a national multi-channel mortgage originator and servicer. The company brings an innovative approach to lending, focusing on speed, quality and consistency for customers and partners. Uniquely, Homepoint retains over 95% of originated loans for in-house servicing, a cornerstone to its Customer for Life approach. The company was founded in 2015 and headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
Homepoint is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.