Student Services Trainer – Remote/Home Based
- Fully Remote
- Remote Worker – N/A
Auguste Escoffier School of Culinary Arts is a leading accredited provider of online and campus-based culinary training and education. The school’s professional programs offer the proven combination of a classic and contemporary approach to modern industry skills training as well as a sustainability-centered and business-focused curriculum. Professional programs in Culinary Arts and Pastry Arts are available online and at ground campuses in Austin, Texas, and Boulder, Colorado. Escoffier also offers enthusiast training online and on ground. If you’re looking for a dynamic, fast-paced growth opportunity, we’d like to hear from you.
This position is responsible for the planning, development, and implementation of an effective, comprehensive training program that includes new employee training as well as assesses training and development needs for the Student Services team, helps individuals and groups develop skills and knowledge, creates training manuals, presents training sessions, monitors training for effectiveness. The SS Trainer contributes to the hiring process and provides valuable insight for appropriate skill levels and succession planning. This position must meet measurable goals and objectives. They will be responsible for adhering to all state, federal, and accreditor’s guidelines.
The Student Services Trainer will execute on the Escoffier core values:
- Bring the Passion: Drive, determination and enthusiasm inspire our every day
- Stay Curious & Boldly Challenge Convention: Ask why and never settle for the status quo when forging new frontiers for the betterment of our students and our industry.
- Hire the Best, Be the Best: Integrity, ethics and knowledge are qualities inherent in our team and critical for every new employee.
- Deliver “WOW” Service to Students & Each Other: Always exceed expectations and honor commitments.
- Embrace Accountability: All employees lead by example to promote accountability throughout the entire organization.
- Be Humble: Respect and learn from each other’s view and contributions.
- Lead Responsibly: Understand, and act on, how each one of us can help improve our world through socially minded, sustainable practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Student Services Trainer plans, develops, and implements an overall training strategy and delivers appropriate training through an integrated training plan according to operational needs. This position is directly responsible for:
- Oversee all new employee onboarding and training for Student Services.
- Identify and assess the training needs of the department through performance metrics and scorecard evaluation.
- Develop individualized and group training programs that address specific business needs related to the student life cycle.
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures and Student Services handbook/tools.
- Lead initiative for developing training literature that targets tangible results.
- Implement effective and purposeful training methods.
- Evaluate departmental and organizational performance to ensure that training is meeting business needs and improving performance.
- Assess employees’ skills, performance, and productivity to identify areas of improvement.
- Drive brand values and philosophy through all training and development activities.
- Effectively communicate with other departments (stakeholders) through collaborative efforts to ensure training efforts align with the overall business.
- Create a curriculum to facilitate strategic training based on the organization’s goals.
- Manage the technologies to develop, manage, and deliver training.
- Keep abreast of training trends, developments, and best practices.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in training or Student Services or a related field.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of Student Services operations and position types
- Understanding of training and project management
- Understanding of Accreditation and Educational Institutions
- Ability to adapt to changing technology requirements.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and attention to detail skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Google Apps, CVue.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to think creatively and provide solutions with available resources.
- Provide excellent customer service and attention to accurate record keeping.
This position requires the flexibility of working some evenings and weekends.
Remote Work Requirements
This position is a remote position. This position is a full-time, M-F position with some weekend requirements. Remote employees must have a distraction-free work environment, phone, high-speed internet, computer, and dual screens.
Nature of work requires an ability to operate standard business equipment. Sitting for long periods of time; up to 8 hours of computer and/or phone work daily.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.